WV100 Extractor - Fatigue break on Cramping Band

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
On my new APTC WV100 extractor the lever action on the cramping band was about to snap as it was being removed for emptying the bin, rendering the whole thing useless. An extra weld on the cramp would have solved the problem. I've got round it this evening by using a 2.5mm countersunk bolt at the point where it was about to break, which has completely cured the potential problem.
I don't know what the other extractors are like, but if anyone has got one or something similar it might be worth doing this little mod to save a whole lot of trouble later on - Rob

Woodbloke
Do you mean the steel clamping band with the over centre clamp that locks the top to the bin?. If so I understand that this is for carriage only, the vacuum produced pulls the top down onto the bin. I operate mine this way, and I think the instructions tell you it is for carriage only.

Newt wrote:
Do you mean the steel clamping band with the over centre clamp that locks the top to the bin?.

Yup, got a PM this morning from someone who had taken the small amount of time to read the book of words, unlike myself, and explained very patiently to me that the clamping band was for carriage purposes only. What a knumpty (me that is) ... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Many thanks for letting me know about this mistake - Rob

Back