Woodworkers in Wales

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob M and Tudor J - the wood we've allocated to you is here and ready to be collected!
Tudor: 2x large first cuts; 2x Large logs which have been kept outside and have some spalting, if that's any good for you (wood for the Men's shed still not ready). Some of the smaller spalted logs we cut this morning for the Vale Woodturning Club is stunning, the logs could be similar tho less dramatic.
Rob: there are 2x boards (2" thick) or one live edge board, or both if you can use them as part of the project?
IMG_1853.jpg

They're here in the yard in Cowbridge - send me a pm or email if they're still of use to you and we'll arrange a time that suits you to collect.

The project's going well, we've done two wood fairs in May 2018 and 2019 and are currently planning the 2020 fair, which will be bigger and will show (with the option of selling) the range of work made from the tree. If it goes well, we plan to have an annual exhibition and sale of Welsh woodwork and design at the same time each year in future.

Thanks, Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 37
Just read the whole thread - I'm struggling to find the right words, but I'm hugely impressed. Such an obviously sensible thing to do. Very right-minded. Who wouldn't want to know the provenance of their wooden items?

Thanks Tn - it's a slow-moving project, but then wood's like that, eh?
I just looked at some pics I did on my phone today and saw this one. I'm not really interested in spalted wood - the fungus interferes with the grain of the wood too much for my taste - but this is pretty stunning, I think:
IMG_1848 (1).jpg

I've grabbed that one to use myself but there are others heading to the Club, just as nice.

Attachments

• IMG_1848 (1).jpg
    IMG_1848 (1).jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back