Woodturning yards cambs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shinken

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, i am new to this forum.

I wonder if anyone could help.

Does anyone know of any turning supply places in cambs/suffolk that i can go to and view the wood before i buy?

Any help you can give would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum shinken, have a browse of the suppliers link in my signature. see if any of them are within your travelling distance, no doubt Oldsoke will be along shortly to fill in any hidden places he's aware of that may be of interest to you.

Hello mate

Not too far from you is Bedford saw, in Bedford (believe it or not!!). They have all sorts of blanks and timber for sale, as well as lathes and advice on lathes. They will be sure to help, if you can get that far!!

HTH

Neil

shinken":r2xspdqr said:
Hello all, i am new to this forum.

I wonder if anyone could help.

Does anyone know of any turning supply places in cambs/suffolk that i can go to and view the wood before i buy?

Any help you can give would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

Not sure how far you want to travel, but I go to Peter Childs in Little Yeldham - its about 25 miles east of Cambridge and has a good timber store - they also do free turning demonstrations http://www.peterchild.co.uk/

this lifted from their website :
Demonstrations start at 10-00 a.m. and are repeated at 2-00 p.m.

Aug 16th Tony Witham Off Centre Turning
Sep 6th Robert Sorby Tools demonstration
Sep 20th Tony Witham Turning Jewellery
Oct 18th Tony Witham Natural Edge Bowl
Nov 15th Tony Witham Turning a Picture Frame
Dec 20th Tony Witham Dressing Table Mirror

I bought my first lathe there and got excellent advice. I later attended a two day turning course there.

Dave - you type quicker than me :lol: when I'm in England I usually pop in to Peter Child Ltd. and like you say they are a good source for most things of a woodturning type.

M.A.C.Timbers has a an open day on the 30th of this month.... plenty of wood to see; from cut blanks to planks and logs!

check out Mike's website:

http://mactimbers.co.uk/opendays.html

I'll be there so don't forget to introduce yourself... I'm the tall one with straight hair and curly teeth :lol:

(if I'm not at the lathe I'll be wandering having a cough and a choke :roll: )

Cool going to go to the one in rampton sounds like they have just what i am after.

CHJ

The supplier link has Art Vaneers in mildenhall and they are either shut down or moved! (just for your info)

shinken":3f6xsg4s said:
CHJ
The supplier link has Art Vaneers in mildenhall and they are either shut down or moved! (just for your info)

Thank you for the heads-up shinken, will investigate and update/delete info. as appropriate

Back