woodpecker unilift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexter

Established Member
Reaction score
I`m contemplating buying the woodpecker unilift. I`ve been on to rutlands who seem to be the only company in the UK that supply them, they are out of stock and couldn't give me a more accurate availability date other than it could be 5 weeks, it could be 6 weeks it could even be as long as 8 weeks, (this was for some other stuff from the USA as well).
Does anyone know if there are any other UK companies that supply the unilift?
I`ve checked out the Woodpecker website and they will deliver all I want but shipping costs push the price up to virtually the same as rutlands and then there`s the import duty and VAT to add on.
Any help will be very much appreciated.

Dex

Woodworker's Workshop sell them. You have to ring (I know, it's like the dark ages).

wizer":1xodlqba said:
oops wakey wakey Martin :lol:
:oops: Still in Night shift mode :oops:

100 lines

I must read threads thoroughly
I must read threads thoroughly..................................

:lol:

That delivery thing is absolutely the usual story with Rutlands. I bought a Benchdog table from them when it was on special offer. No problem with that but the wheelset took 3 months to come. The story was they had to wait until they had a big enough order so they could get the right price - believable but that should be their problem not the customer's.

Would hesitate to use them again.

Jim

Hi Jim,
I`ve had good service from them in the past. What disappointed me was that one item was shown on their site as in stock so I ordered it over the phone. An hour or so later I get an e-mail saying it`s out of stock and not expected in until late November! Granted the site was later updated and no money has changed hands but in this computer age shouldn't the left hand know what the right hands doing?

Dex

Hi Dex,

Yes, I agree. It's a shame because some of the US stuff they list is very good.

Jim

Many people (including myself) have had issues with Rutlands. I would be very reluctant to use them again...

ste_5150":1526f40a said:
Many people (including myself) have had issues with Rutlands. I would be very reluctant to use them again...

Indeed

Thanks to Wizers help I`ve ordered everything I was after and a bit more (slope!!!!) and it will be with me tomorrow rather than sometime before Christmas. Just goes to show what a great forum this is.

Dex

Latest posts

Back