WoodFiller

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawkEye

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as MDF wood filler?

I have an mdf cabinet that is marked and scratched along the face side but I cannot find anything that matches the tint of MDF.

I'm assuming that this is because most people paint over MDF so it does not matter what filler is being used. In my case it does matter because I don't intend on painting my cabinet. Thoughts?

I'd say Brummer Natural Oak would be pretty close, although that sounds a bit ironic.

Do you know any shops in north london that stock it? Its not on the B&Q, or Homebase websites.

Trying to avoid the delivery slap in the face and the wait.

I don't know if this works with MDF, but I guess it might. Get your fine MDF dust and mix it with white glue. I'd then let it set for 24 hours. Try a it on a test piece first though.

joiner_sim":otui2mum said:
I don't know if this works with MDF, but I guess it might. Get your fine MDF dust and mix it with white glue. I'd then let it set for 24 hours. Try a it on a test piece first though.
That would be what I would suggest though I suspect it might be a little lighter in colour. Not sure how it might take a finish though.

Back