woodfast outboard thread frustration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anybody help,I want to turn some large diameter work on the outboard side of my Woodfast M910,the thread appears to be M33 X 3.5 but is left hand thread & up to now I have been unable to find a supplier of a chuck to fit. Axminster tools used to make specials but their not interested anymore.I have spare aptc precision chuck backplates with a right hand M33X3.5 threads ,does anyone know of a company that could put a left hand thread in the same backplate or any other ideas to get over the problem ](*,)
Regards Barry

Do you have any industrial estates near you. Take a drive round and look for a small engineering company and call in. Often the smaller guys like a small challenge (bit like when someone brings a challenge to us) and will make a bespoke item.

Barry,

As had been said, have a word with a small eng co. There should be enough meat to cut a LH thread into a RH boss so you will have both in one and can then use that backplate on either end so you will not need a dedicated outboard / inboard chuck.

BRgds
S

Barry

Looks like they did 2 threads

HANDWHEEL BRAKE

Handwheel Brake LH 1" x 10 Thread

Handwheel Brake LH 30mm x 3.5 Thread

Looks like PATRIOT Woodturning Chuck do this one in a insert

Inst/110LH 1" x 10 Left hand Chuck Insert - 1" x 10 Left hand

The lh thread on this is M33x3.5 so neither will fit Allan,but today I found a small engineer who says he can do it. I've emailed woodfast still waiting for reply ](*,)
thank you all for your help I'll let you know how it go
Barry

Back