Wood Identification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoman76

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone help identify the wood that I have used to make the first three pens from, it came as a job lot I brought but no identification. I am thinking Ebony for the first one ?

Attachments

• pens1b.jpg
    pens1b.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 122
the problem with wooden pen blank sets is that you can get some really strange timbers in them that most woodworkers have never heard of. The middle one may well fall into this catagory. Packs such as http://www.ockenden-timber.co.uk/index. ... ts_id=1118 arent labelled, just picked based on a range of colours.

The left hand one may be african blackwood. The right hand wooden one possibly a rosewood or similar. That is just based on colour from a distance.

Are you running short on blanks yet? I can find you a few when you do- PM me your address. People on the forum have been very good to me, and it is only right that I do a favour when I can.

I agree near impossible to see from pics
I will add to Marcos offer
pm if you want a few free blanks as would be no postage :)

Steve

I will have a stab at a couple. As you say the top may well be ebony but could be blackwood and number three looks like cocobolo. The 5th one looks like its made from dyed laminates

Latest posts

Back