Without Beer, People are Going to Find Out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
That soccer is really boring.

At least if you're sober enough to be able to realize it!

https://apnews.com/article/world-cu...-middle-east-2ecb255aa0100664c250b56d69506b17
>>FIFA said non-alcoholic beer will still be sold at the eight stadiums<<

ouch!

At the same time, it was going to be budweiser only and $14 a beer. I just can't even fathom that.

I remember playing soccer as a kid, and then watching it on TV for the first time, I couldn't make it through 10 minutes. Five or eight pints, and I think I could probably make it through one game.

That soccer is really boring.

At least if you're sober enough to be able to realize it!

https://apnews.com/article/world-cu...-middle-east-2ecb255aa0100664c250b56d69506b17
>>FIFA said non-alcoholic beer will still be sold at the eight stadiums<<

ouch!

At the same time, it was going to be budweiser only and $14 a beer. I just can't even fathom that.

I remember playing soccer as a kid, and then watching it on TV for the first time, I couldn't make it through 10 minutes. Five or eight pints, and I think I could probably make it through one game.
Now you're definitely being provocative. I mean I find soccer boring, but then again, I find most sport boring. However, American football? WTF is that all about? Is it true that it's only called football because it's played on foot, rather than on horseback?

🥺🥺💤💤

Now you're definitely being provocative. I mean I find soccer boring, but then again, I find most sport boring. However, American football? WTF is that all about? Is it true that it's only called football because it's played on foot, rather than on horseback?

🥺🥺💤💤
I held back making a comment on american football, which is a sport itself that i like, but again, the broadcast product is nothing but commercials.

I actually thought about saying "I haven't sat through a whole football game in a long time, either, and really can't remember any where I stopped paying attention at commercials, and then the next time I remembered I was still watching a game, I looked up and it was on commercial again".

Sports have been so chopped up to maximize TV revenue, or in europe, just to try to get bets from people who don't have a brain and understand how gambling works (if you bet even odds over and over and the house keeps a share, you'll lose)

I think it’s an act of mercy not inflicting Budweiser on FOOTBALL fans …. to coin an advertising slogan if Carlsberg made urine they’d call it Budweiser 😉

Can't disagree - when I first saw the headline, I thought, "this will be like the time I went to see cover bands sober in college and realized they weren't very good - having seen them dozens of times thinking they were great prior".

And then, I saw "inbev has excusive rights", and thought "well, it's not like they were serving actual beer before, anyway".

The $14 part is .....jeez, is it being served in a penthouse in tokyo? I wouldn't give a dollar a bottle for it here.

They jacked up the price of beer at baseball games to something like $10 here, but at least last time I was at a game this year, the cans were 24 oz. Admittedly, some other watery concoction like budweiser made to try to give people who don't like the taste of beer something that they'll be able to tolerate. Miller or something.

It is extraordinarily rare that I don't drink a "real" beer. I've had budweiser once, coors light - couldn't make it through one beer, and I had miller lite once (tasted like seltzer).

I'd rather be sober at a wedding than drink any of the above.

I guess we could say at least that the american and English government workers who travel to the games for fun will be less likely to spill secrets to chinese and russian coverts who pretend to be westerners.

I guess misbehaving after getting drunk at the World Cup may demonstrate an alternative use of the term “being lashed” …

Putting aside that it should be being held at a more suitable venue I’m looking forward to the World Cup.

I guess we could say at least that the american and English government workers who travel to the games for fun will be less likely to spill secrets to chinese and russian coverts who pretend to be westerners.
I’m sure the government officials who go to the games will be in the private boxes at the grounds which are allowed to serve alcohol, just shows the hypocrisy of this last minute decision which should have been sorted before the event was awarded but why let decisions like that get in the way of corruption

Last edited:
It wouldn't have gone down very to have said no alcohol at the very beginning, would it? Qatar wouldn't have got the W.C. in the first place.
It wouldn’t surprise me if it had always been the plan, just leave it till it’s too late to do anything about it. I also very much doubt Budweiser would have invested $75 million if they’d been told that at the start

Last edited:
Can't disagree - when I first saw the headline, I thought, "this will be like the time I went to see cover bands sober in college and realized they weren't very good - having seen them dozens of times thinking they were great prior".

And then, I saw "inbev has excusive rights", and thought "well, it's not like they were serving actual beer before, anyway".

The $14 part is .....jeez, is it being served in a penthouse in tokyo? I wouldn't give a dollar a bottle for it here.

They jacked up the price of beer at baseball games to something like $10 here, but at least last time I was at a game this year, the cans were 24 oz. Admittedly, some other watery concoction like budweiser made to try to give people who don't like the taste of beer something that they'll be able to tolerate. Miller or something.

It is extraordinarily rare that I don't drink a "real" beer. I've had budweiser once, coors light - couldn't make it through one beer, and I had miller lite once (tasted like seltzer).

I'd rather be sober at a wedding than drink any of the above.
Well Boris if you had thought of admitimng to drinking any of the above "beers" you would still be in power and we would not of had Truss Fuss

Back