Why I love my job

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
The gardens & grounds superintendent just phoned me to say a large chestnut tree has just been felled because of recent wind damage. The tree squad will be awaiting my instructions after 1PM today regarding size & quantity of logs I would like to take.

Looks like there will be a waxing going on round my place this weekend. I might try the standing it up in a plastic bag method too. See how that goes.

I wonder if he is taking the wee wee or just wants to share his good fortune ,? :lol: :lol:

Whichever get it home and treated ASAP.

In the car now, wrapped in a sheet of plastic. 4 logs about 12" diameter x 4' long, and a selection of smaller branch bits. I may well go back for more, depending on storage space available. There's some holly getting cut soon, and a sycamore that fell in 2011 to be removed. I need a bigger shed.

I don't often get the chance to brag.

Horse Chestnut turns very well indeed but as you say it is very very bland good for colouring though or pyrography.

Back