Why can't Anvil make their ironmongery properly?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
Doing a job that needs this type of fastener.
b69e09e6df4986361dc60b823d0cafb0.jpg

Although the hooks are an extra, they are on the same page. You would think they would work properly but they don't
f12e84ecac520ef93523b4331130d1d7.jpg

Their solution is that it should be chopped into the wood so that it works properly. What a load of chuff !!!!

Out of curiosity a rep sent a sample of a cheapo version they sell.
c786c093711f5549c2dfa1c2b0ad994a.jpg

Their cheapo offering works perfectly, it's exactly as it should be. Why can't Anvil get it right ? It's a shame the cheapo version doesn't look as pretty.

Poor show Anvil !!!!!

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I once made a dining table with a butterfly leaf, held in place by brass forks.

When they arrived, three were fine but one had one arm of the fork at 30 deg to the other. I mean 30 deg, not just a tad out of line. This was a well-known, British manufacturer, these things were expensive and supposed to be top quality.

I sent it back with a note saying "Erm, I'm having some difficulty getting this in...". To their credit they not only sent me a proper one but refunded my postage too.

There is so much cheap junk produced in cheap parts of the world and good quality stuff is so expensive to make and so few people are prepared to pay for it, that I'm afraid that mediocity is the order of the day.

It's a shame the lower value makers don't take note of higher value producers and vice versa.

They could learn alot from each other !

Coley

Imported more than likely.
Cheaply made, these companies are more interested in sales as against the quality.
Although saying that, with the type that you have shown I think that they are cast or steel that is poured into a mould.
Good luck with it!

Have recently used the same fasteners and stays on 40 windows and every one was perfect! Maybe you just got a duffer. For the price I think anvil stuff is really good, excellent customer service
for problems and really good trade discounts.

How bizarre ! I've used Anvil stuff before, but a different style and that was perfect. That's why my mind boggles with this. They sent out replacements but they were exactly the same as the previous ones.
Don't suppose you happen to have any pics of the ones you used?

Coley

murdoch":et63qxia said:
The code is 33882
Cheers for that. It looks like that style comes with the hook included.
The hook I require is an optional extra. If by supplying both, they get it to work correctly, then I think they should also supply the hook instead of selling it as an optional extra that needs chopping in. I wonder why they don't just supply a hook and mortice plate like your style has ?

Coley

Latest posts

Back