Who's going to Sywell?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, back off topic for a minute.

As I was writing the email I realised bandwidth would create the higher cost. That's about all I wanted to know about the funding.

As for whether this site works, yes, I think it works great. No, I don't always like the moderators killing threads......bute look what happened to the last place! I'd rather a thread is killed and the forum is kept relatively happy at the end of the day.

Lets just hope advertising doesn't overwhelm the site as has happened in so many other places. I'm sure that would be the death of ukworkshop.

Dave

davejester":3m3swax1 said:
I realised bandwidth would create the higher cost.
Dave,

IIRC at the end of last year we topped 17Gb in a month and I don't think the traffic is going down. :shock:

I cant see :? , do you have to pay to get inor is it free :) ,
I have a few things to sell my self so I might be down on sunday :)

17GB a month is nothing for a server these days - The cheapest offering from GoDaddy.com has an allowance of 250GB a month (& 5GB disk space) for the princely sum of less than $4 (thats FOUR dollars) a month - Shared Linux hosting with PHP, MySQL & PHPBB available as far as I can see - looks like it would be everything you would need to run the forum (although I dare say it may not be as simple as that).

Despite the name they actually seem to have a good reputation - I help maintain a dedicated windows server hosted by them - we've had no problems so far & their tech support is always fast & helpful.

Richard

Latest posts

Back