White paint for Jet tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullermn

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve just acquired a Jet planer that could use a little TLC and I’m trying to find a paint that I can use to touch up some damaged areas. I’ve seen recommendations for a couple of Rustoleum colours (canvas white and biscuit) but I can’t find either on sale anywhere.

Does anyone know of a colour that matches that’s still on sale, please?

Many thanks

Jet used to supply a small container of suitable paint with their machines. If I can find one will post details.
PS- Might be wrong I but I think there was also a paint “pen” available, no idea if still on sale.

Jet used to supply a small container of suitable paint with their machines. If I can find one will post details.
PS- Might be wrong I but I think there was also a paint “pen” available, no idea if still on sale.
From what I can see online the official paints were very expensive and I didn’t come across anyone selling it in the UK now. I will have another look though, I have gone down a rabbit hole of trying to find an off brand alternative and neglected the official option a bit.

My Jet machines look slightly different in strong daylight, might be the surface finish but I’d contrast the effort for a perfect colour match against the benefit from it. Brilliant white is a cheap colour available in many mediums and paints that can go straight onto rust and over paint in one hit are available.

That’s a good point. I’m not aiming for a historic restoration, just to prevent the problem reoccurring in my rather damp workshop. The original paint has probably changed colour with age anyway.

From what I can see online the official paints were very expensive and I didn’t come across anyone selling it in the UK now. I will have another look though, I have gone down a rabbit hole of trying to find an off brand alternative and neglected the official option a bit.
@Nick Laguna UK might be able to help.

@mullermn Found the Jet paint, not much help I'm afraid, thought there might be a colour code or something on it:

6e1b4ez.jpg

Thanks for all the help, leaving this here for anyone who comes searching in future.

On a guess I ordered some ‘Jenolite direct to rust satin Ivory white’ and that turns out to be quite close enough for me.

The image is a test I did on the inside of the back cover. You can see the new paint towards the bottom left. This was after it had only had an hour or so to dry and I put it on really thick towards the bottom because I wasn’t 100% certain any was coming out the can because it blended in so well.

Attachments

• IMG_3484.jpeg
    IMG_3484.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Autopaint at Lowford, Bursledon near Southampton do a paint colour matching service for spray paint for cars. I've used it for a lathe. They are excellent and a can is not much more than a standard colour from B&Q. I expect there are similar places elsewhere.

https://www.autopaintlowford.co.uk/

Autopaint at Lowford, Bursledon near Southampton do a paint colour matching service for spray paint for cars. I've used it for a lathe. They are excellent and a can is not much more than a standard colour from B&Q. I expect there are similar places elsewhere.

https://www.autopaintlowford.co.uk/
Most car paint/body shop supplies places offer this service. If you can't find your local one just go into any local body shop and they will be able to tell you.

Back