Which 3d printer - 2023 edition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bed needs to be level - distance from nozzle end consistent using the screws. Many printers also have a autolevel capability which builds a model of the bed versus the nozzle position and then compensates in software for the diferences. The S1 pro can do this and so can many other printers. The bed has to be decently level for good prints

The bed needs to be level - distance from nozzle end consistent using the screws. Many printers also have a autolevel capability which builds a model of the bed versus the nozzle position and then compensates in software for the diferences. The S1 pro can do this and so can many other printers. The bed has to be decently level for good prints
Sorry, I didn't remember you had the S1 pro with self levelling.

What do you mean by auto levelled? That you added something like a BL touch?
The upgraded/stiffer yellow bed springs work really well; I installed them on my Ender 3 V2, levelled the four corners once, and I've never touched it since. Stock photo of what to look for:

1688929248249.png

I later added the BLTouch probe; which I can highly recommend, as it compensates for any deviation across the bed. Pretty much perfect first layer every time.

Yes definitely. I have the Ender3v2 spent time getting to know it, and tweek it. It now as micro Swiss d/d. Dual belt single motor Z axis. And it very rarely let's me down.
And with addition of the Sonic Pad as has improved my prints further.
I love the designing part more than the printing. Self taught fusion 360 and still learning it.
In the process of designing a bbs wheel cap kit for a guys VW TRANSPORTER CARAVELLE which are no longer available. Commission obviously.
The black piece.
Did you install the Creality Ender 3 v2 dual z axis upgrade or another make? Is there a better option?

An auto bed levelling kit is a mandatory upgrade for an Ender 3 in my opinion (or indeed any printer without ABL). A Creality CR-Touch kit is about £30 and will instantly improve your quality of life enormously. Takes about 30 minutes to install and set up and then you never have to worry about bed levelling again. There's a reason basically all new printers come equipped with ABL.

An auto bed levelling kit is a mandatory upgrade for an Ender 3 in my opinion (or indeed any printer without ABL). A Creality CR-Touch kit is about £30 and will instantly improve your quality of life enormously. Takes about 30 minutes to install and set up and then you never have to worry about bed levelling again. There's a reason basically all new printers come equipped with ABL.
100% agree. I get perfectly consistent and even first layers across the whole bed, every print.

Back