Wheeler Dealers. The End.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorWibble

Established Member
Reaction score
This has long been my favourite indeed the only car show I like watching. In an era when nearly all TV producers are utterly terrified of anything vaguely technical or "slow" WD really stands out as interesting, useful and inspiring television. Apparently, though, not for much longer.
Seems the franchise has changed hands and new owners intend cutting back on the oily Ed China bits to be replaced with God knows what. Presumably loud music, product placement, fake "deadlines" and endless ads for "coming up after the break".
Ed China has quit in protest (good for him) but WD looks like being on its way to becoming just another empty boring me too format.
How disappointing.

Yeah I love this show and feel Ed is the main part and Mikes buying and selling is just an add on. I saw Eds youtube message explaining why he was quiting and good for him for not just taking the cash.

I enjoyed watching WD until recently when the projects became unrealistic for the average wrench turner like me.

Yeah they did push the show upmarket a bit in the later series. And the finished cars increasingly had more work done to them than was mentioned or shown. Backward steps in my opinion. It was far better when they worked on cheaper European cars.
I especially liked the unusual ones. The Fiat Dino, the Citroens and the various bubble cars. When I was born my dad traded in his Douglas motorbike and sidecar for a red Trojan bubble car so he could fit the four of us in without actually passing a car driving test. In those days a motorbike license let you drive anything with three wheels. The Trojan was a license copy of the Heinkel, made in Croydon of all places. He eventually spun it and hit a truck. No harm done but the car was a write off. Replaced with a blue Trojan and then a Reliant before he finally passed his driving test and bought a four wheeled van with a mattress in the back for us kids to sit on. Imagine doing that these days!

I wouldn't worry too much as they will continually show the repeats just like the rest of the channels. It is sad to see it end though it was a good series. I suppose they will replace it with another reality series as they must be cheap to make. :roll:

MrTeroo":1xrtxdzs said:
Car S.O.S. is quite good.

It's OK but I find Tim Shaws character almost impossible to watch especially when he is making his ridiculous so called deals. Fuzz I like and the premise is fine although a bit stolen from the US Overhaulin concept.

I agree. He annoyed the *!#* out of me the first time I watched it. So much so that I didn't watch it again.

I've recently given it a second chance and I am warming to him.

I can't find any old episodes online anywhere? Maybe Nat Geo don't do catch up / YouTube

Back