What would you do with this lot?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have a load of small, rather annoying pieces of beech hanging around and i cant think of anything creative to do with them.

beech2.jpg

Here are the sizes:

beech.jpg

all 8.5mm thick. 32 of each.

My best idea is to use the smaller thinner pieces for loose tennon stock.

Ideas welcomed

A bit boring and uninspiring I know, but you could laminate the wood and make either chopping boards (or as I have done with oak and iroko offcuts) or mallets!

Looks like a whole load of boxes to me :)
I meant the pile of Beech but so does Johns link :lol:
Regards Tom

Thanks guys. I like the idea of using them for drawer fronts, hadn't considered that. The timber actually came from a load of expensive champagne boxes that have been hanging around the house for far too long. Maybe i'll make some smaller boxes, not high on my list tho tbh.

A swing for that baby of yours.

The kind you drill holes at the end of each batten and put through a rope and then hang on hooks under a top lintel of door frame.
Old fashioned, modern mothers might be frightened, but I survived.

devonwoody":3hcq5c69 said:
The kind you drill holes at the end of each batten and put through a rope and then hang on hooks under a top lintel of door frame.

Do you know, that is the earliest memory I have, sitting in one of those things suspended from the ceiling, looking down on my mum and dad and two of their friends while they had dinner. How old could I have been? Well it was Stoke-on-Trent, so anything up to puberty possibly, but the weird thing is that the friends did a magic double act. Perhaps I was infected that evening!

Pick a card, any card...
Steve

Not a bad idea. Not sure the missus would go for it tho.

Latest posts

Back