What E-Ciggy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I know there was a discussion on here some time ago on e-giggies but I cant find it. Can anyone recommend a good one. I have been told the ones with a liquid work best. I'm really keen to give up the real ones. There are so many available I have no idea what one to go for. Thanks guys.

I used to smoke about 10 Castella Classic cigars per day, I inhaled, god knows what my lungs look like, but about 15 years ago I just decided I didn't want to smoke anymore, I was using nicotine chewing gum which gave me mouth ulcers, I tried the nicotine plastic cigarettes, it was costing me nearly as much for these items to 'kick the habit'.

A work colleague said I would be smoking again with twelve months, now I can pretty stubborn if I want too, so there was no way my 'mate' was going to win.

I was like a bear with a sore head to begin with, but days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months, etc etc etc.

So, I think your going to spend probably as much on 'make believe' fags as you would be spending in the real thing, and you will be back smoking within 12 months, now can you be as stubborn as me? prove me wrong and there's a tenner donation to a charity of your choice.

All the very best, you can do it, I did.

BH

Chippygeoff":371bvncn said:
I know there was a discussion on here some time ago on e-giggies but I cant find it. Can anyone recommend a good one. I have been told the ones with a liquid work best. I'm really keen to give up the real ones. There are so many available I have no idea what one to go for. Thanks guys.
Hi Geoff, I used to smole 40 Embassy No1 every day.
That was burning £16 per day.
I tried various e-fagsand settled with the VIP.
I've not had a real cigarette since !st. of February this year, afer smoking for 55 years.
Now what I spent every day on fags lasts me almost 2 weeks.
Good luck.
Des.

phil.p":3fggls74 said:
BH, I think my worst was 90 cigarettes or 35 Hamlet a day. That is one of the two reasons why I'm in danger of losing my lower leg...
Phil

Lets hope that doesn't happen.

My father died of lung cancer, he smoked from starting work down the pit, and only stopped when he had most of the cancer removed, he died aged 63, never had the opportunity of enjoying his retirement, that's why I would do anything to help someone stopping.

BH

it was the 80 a day silk cuts that probably took my dad at 62! He finally quit with the aid of hypnotism. but died about 4 years later, i'm afraid the damage was done.

adidat

I owned an off licence once, and I had a customer who used to smoke Silk Cut No.5 (I think they were - the very small ones), and I used to sell him 60 or 80 a day. One day the chat got around to how many we smoked, and he said he bought loads from Tesco besides what I sold him, he actually smoked 120 - 160 a day. I told him that I had just read an article by a doctor, that actually said that you were better off smoking the strongest cigarettes you could get (against the opinion of the medical profession), because the tar and carbon monoxide did far more harm than the nicotine and that the stronger the cigarettes, the fewer you'd smoke to maintain your addiction. He went on holiday for a fortnight, and came in the shop after and asked for 20 B&H. I asked whether he'd changed his brand, he said yes. I asked how many he was smoking , and he told me he'd dropped down to twenty a day. I found that when the nicotine content was dropped, I automatically smoked more to compensate.

A story to help you along your way.

I've never smoked and never will. I hate the habit, but I don't hold it against those that do smoke unless they are inconsiderate to the extreme.

Now I do love cycling. One of the guys I ride with was a heavy smoker and it showed in his general fitness. He'd say that the good effect of the cycling offset the bad effects of the smoking but his stamina was hopeless and his recovery after an uphill section was even worse (based on his HR recovery...). He would simply run out of Oxygen before he'd run out of energy. I guess due to a compromised cardio vascular system.

One day he gave up smoking. Within weeks you could detect visible improvements in him. Simple things like his ability to keep chatting whilst you were riding up hills was noticeable. OK he initially put on some weight but he got on top of that and now, 12 months or so down the line, there is no perceivable difference between him and the rest of us. On top of that he bought a sweet new ride with the money he saved.

My point is. It's worth giving up if you can. Even if dressing up in Batmans shorts and riding round the countryside isn't your thing I'm sure you will still notice benefits. Good luck.

Try VIP e-cigs on tinterweb

Started using VIP mid December last year not had "proper" fag since

As others have said its better to give up altogether but e cigs are at least a stepping stone to packing in

I started on cartomisers but now use liquid top up as it works out a lot cheaper

Hope this helps

M

Best of luck with it, Geoff.

No e-cigs around when I stopped a 60 a day habit. I took a tip from someone and bought a puzzle ring for something to do when my hands wanted to be holding a cig. I'm still wearing the ring 30 years later. I still love the smell of rolling baccy but I never smoked again from that day.

Martin.

When I chucked the habit 30 years ago. I simply said to myself:
'I won't have another ciggie until after my evening meal.'
When that came along I decided to put it off until just before bed-time. And so on, and so on.

One step at a time.

I used to smoke 50 Capstan Full-Strength a day, when I could get Navy Duty Free and in Civvy Street I smoked 50 to 60 Park Drive per day.
I became overweight, after stopping smoking, but I solved that with just walking. Time put considerably more than a couple of stones back on but I am working on it with diet. (For the record.. I was 20 stones in Nov 2012. I am now 16 stones 12. )

I am feeling great for my age, my chest is clearer than it's ever been, and I aim to get to get back to my 'fighting weight.' (as opposed to Player's Weights!)
The moment this knee-replacement has worked in, I am 'back on me bike'. I might even cycle 'oop North to show the bike to Jacob! (That's not a promise Jacob.)
The main point is, If I can do all that, then anyone can.

Bester luck.

I am now off to eat my 'full-English', hearty breakfast! (sans bread and hash-browns, which aren't British anyhow!) 8)

My son gave me an e-cig middle of May, just as a chest infection was getting bad enough to stop me managing to smoke the rollies. So I sort of got forced onto the e-cig.

After a week of not smoking I though I'd better have a spare so got a generic one in a blister pack for £20. The type that lets you change the coil. Got a variable voltage battery for my birthday, which I like and then bought a Tornado which I'm not so keen. The standard 'tank' is tiny and with mine being black, couldn't tell when it was full.

Only problems with the generic one is that the clear plastic part is a push fit into the coil/battery holder. If you drop it or it gets a knock, it can come loose which is messy. Simple matter to keep pressing it in tight to be sure. When screwing in the mouthpiece after filling, there is usually a small weep, so a piece of tissue is now part of the kit.

imo the top strength liquids are way too strong. I used to smoke more than 25g of golden Virginia per day, sometime 50g and even at my heaviest I've never had a nicotine buzz like I've had from vaping 18mg liquid. I'm on 11mg now which seems about right for me at the mo.

Getting the nicotine from an e-cig is good for giving up smoking without ramping up the appetite.

Try www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk They are great value and the service is usually 1 to 2 days.
The titan tank works well and is ideal for a heavy smoker. The and there own brand liquid is a bargain.
I recommend staying away from the tobacco flavors and using something like Vanilla. No nasty smoke, the vapour is simply water, You smell like an air freshener, no yellow staining on anything including walls. You will be amazed how clean everything stays once you switch.

As a guideline, if you smoked 60 - 80 normal fags a day expect that to cost you in the region of £60 a month in E-Cigs

Initially make sure you buy a few batteries and a couple of chargers so you don't get caught short. Expect batteries to last for a couple of months, any more is a bonus.

Gerry

Bumping an old thread.
How are you all getting on.
Anyone stopped smoking or are you still puffing away?

My wife started on E-Ciggy's in 2012ish and has never smoked a normal ciggy since. She actually tried a normal ciggy once and couldn't stand the taste.
Over the two years on them, she has learnt a lot from a forum called -UK Vapers- and now buys all her liquid and electronic ciggys direct from China, where the majority of the suppliers in this country probably buy their stock

I stopped about a year ago and have been on the e-cigs since. I enjoy it and will carry on with it for the foreseeable future. I spent a bit of money at the start experimenting with different gizmo's until I found one that I was happy with. I'm using an MVPV2 and a pro tank 3. (both excellent)
My old man gave up around the same time and has been putting his fag money into a quality street tin, he reckons he has about 4 grand in there after he's bought his batteries and liquids.

£7,000+ saved (roughly) since I stopped 3 1/2 years ago. 20 to 30 per day habit. I stopped on will power - lot's of long walks, cold showers :shock: , eating.
Took about 4 weeks for the withdrawal symptoms to disappear. After that I very, very occasionally felt a mere touch of an urge for one. Still do, perhaps every 3 months or so. The urge lasts all of 3 or 4 seconds, so I know I haven't got a long wait. :eek:
First day is an important milestone. As I say: if you can go 1 day, you can do 2. If you can do 2 you can do 4 . . . and so it continues.

Back