what are you making for xmas?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moby

Established Member
Reaction score
obviously snowmen and trees are popular, I did loads of these last year and have had requests for more.

plain xmas tree.jpg

any ideas for something different.

Attachments

• snowman2015.jpg
    snowman2015.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,059
  • plain xmas tree.jpg
    plain xmas tree.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,060
My missus has said I'd "better get some use out that thing in the shed", by which I assume she means my treasures. To that end she has requested pestle and mortar sets for a few fols, as well as egg cups, pens and the like. I guess a few trees and possibly some snowmen may get in the mix, too.

Could I hijack the OP slightly and check - would you guys recommend the mortar is made cross grain or along?

TIA

Greg

gregmcateer":1lwv432i said:
My missus has said I'd "better get some use out that thing in the shed", by which I assume she means my treasures. To that end she has requested pestle and mortar sets for a few fols, as well as egg cups, pens and the like. I guess a few trees and possibly some snowmen may get in the mix, too.

Could I hijack the OP slightly and check - would you guys recommend the mortar is made cross grain or along?

TIA

Greg
I would do it along the grain my sister has one I made three christmas's ago and she is still using it the harder the wood as well as a close grained wood is best for them.

I am going to have a go at a bandsawn reindeer or two. My Mam & Dad gave me some wood that they salvaged from their staircase when it was refurbed, I think it would be quite nice to make a reindeer for them from it

Latest posts

Back