weykick, table football, christmas project idea

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Established Member
Reaction score
With christmas aproaching, i thought i'd try to make a few of those:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f0bx-vs7Jc
they are deceptively simple things.
5062b0d76f0c3b4052ab73fdaf78676f.jpg

so i thought i'd try and make them as pretty as possible.
so here comes sketchup:
weykick_01.jpg

weykick_04.jpg

wk004.jpg

I cut the table out of 5mm ply.
and manufactured a guide with an exact 22.5 degree angle. added to my 45, thats the correct angle for an octogonal.
wk008.jpg

i cut the mitre on the band saw, and used the guide again on the shooting board.
wk003-1.jpg

again the guide for the corner biscuits :
wk012.jpg

wk016.jpg

wk001-1.jpg

I tried muy hands at french polishing the table, since i am french, i am supposed to be good at this. it's a load of rubbish, i am cr@p at it. my top is nothing like an antique cabinet.
anyway, i glued the sides, and fitted the biscuits at each corner, but i havent got the pictures on the pc yet.
Now, i think this is a BRILLANT project for christmas. and i would like to see a lot of you skilled craftsmen to take on this project. This way, i can get tips on how it should really be done !
I am not too happy with my mitres, they will require filling. i am even less happy with my french polishing, especially the orangy colour, which clashes with the beech of the sides. This might improve as i coat the sides in shellac too.

for the handles and players, it's dead easy. i bought a table foot (round 35mm diameter dowel in beach) which i cut to the following dimensions: 30-35mm for the handle, 20mm for the player. I drill them at 19mm and stuck a couple of rare earth magnets purchased from axminster. one in the handle, one on the player. The magnets are very strong, and work very well.
more pictures to come as i progress.

Latest posts

Back