Warming The Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKTony

Established Member
Reaction score
After 18 months of talking about it i finally started sorting out the big metal cold doors in the garage, i have gaps of at least 6 mm all around them so you can imagine the temperature. Inspiration from an article in last winters Woodworker, made a frame with a recess for the sides and top and a removable one for the bottom means i can easily take them out if i need the garage doors for entry

Building the frames
100-0019_IMG.jpg

Test fit

100-0020_IMG.jpg

Some Lagging

100-0021_IMG.jpg

and the final fit with a handle turned on the lathe in 5 minutes so i can easily take them out

100-0022_IMG.jpg

One more to do and i shoulld be warm

Interesting indeed. How exactly do you fix these 'panels' in place?

I like how you say they can be removed when greater access is required, so do you have room to then store them elsewhere? :wink:

You must have a pretty big workshop. :(

Oswaldo!":f3vaowys said:
Interesting indeed. How exactly do you fix these 'panels' in place?

I like how you say they can be removed when greater access is required, so do you have room to then store them elsewhere? :wink:

You must have a pretty big workshop. :(

The frame is on the top has a lip so the panels are angled under it, the botton runner is removeable to hold them in place. Removal is easy and in my case since i have two sets of garage doors i will store one set in front of teh other 8)

Back