Waiting for the 12" SIP report.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoops!

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry to pester the guys who were thinking about getting the SIP table saw, Did you get it? If so... any feedback??

I'm in the process of extensively updating my workshop, Not only have saved up a bit, but I'm also selling the Harley :( :( :(

Even my Girlfriend,herself a Goldsmith and a trifle tool obssesed, Is getting fed up of tool catalogues littering everywhere,

Decklan

P.S I swore I would never sell the bike, how like traitor's to are younger selves we can become.... sigh, :?

Hi Decklan,

Yes I got the SIP but as yet it is not up and running because I need to have a 16amp circuit installed.

The other saws I have owned which the manufacturers stated should be run on 16amps have always been alright with a normal 13amp plug, but the SIP just keeps on blowing a 13amp fuse, so I am waiting for the sparky to call.

I must say though that if the quality and fit of the parts are anything to go by then I have no doubt that when I do put it into service it will be spot on. The only part which I think is a down right joke is the small dust pipe that fits on top of the blade guard. It is not only IMHO far too small for a 12 inch table saw, but is made of what has to be the cheapest material known to man.
On the other hand it is easily replaced and if this is the only thing that is wrong I will be well pleased.

I have taken some photos and as soon as the sparky is gone I will write a review.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike, hope the sparky gets it sorted soon, and I'll look forward to the photo's.
Decklan

Mike.C":3ldj6r3d said:
The only part which I think is a down right joke is the small dust pipe that fits on top of the blade guard. It is not only IMHO far too small for a 12 inch table saw, but is made of what has to be the cheapest material known to man.

Cheers

Mike

I suspect it's the same as fitted to the 10" saw. I binned mine and used the hose from an old vax, but I honestly cant see any difference when a pipe is connected and when it is not, I just dont think it works it's just a gimmick IMHO. :)

There was an Article in this months "The Woodworker" and he seemed to like it.

Never mind the Harley....waste of a good compressor engine anyway :wink:

I had the 16 amp circuit fitted yesterday. In fact I had a new consumer unit installed because the old one was on it's way out. He also fitted a isolator switch for the table saw.

The saw is running great and as promised I will write a review over the next couple of days.

Cheers

Mike

Back