Victorian Era Easels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oymadan

Reaction score
Hey! Following the introductory steps; I want to share my recently finished projects with you. These are down-scaled replicas of Victorian Era easels. I colored them with root dye. I am very excited to hear your thoughts on these!

Attachments

• image00017.jpg
    image00017.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image00011.png
    image00011.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • image00009.jpg
    image00009.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image00004.jpg
    image00004.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 0
Most interesting, and quite unlike anything I have seen before. Super fluid shapes and I really like the colours,do you make the dyes yourself?
Presumably these are for displaying paintings?

Yes, these are for displaying small to medium size paintings and photos. The root dye I get in three main colours, and I mix them appropriately. Here are some examples of how a marbling (which also is a work of mine) would look on these.

Attachments

• image00014.jpg
    image00014.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image00013.jpg
    image00013.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image00008.jpg
    image00008.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image00002.jpg
    image00002.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Perhaps you might say something about joinery, tools and the wood species you use.
THX

These are from linden wood. There is also a finish called "gomalak" which I do not know how it's called in English. Gomalak is for strengthening the wood and the dye against moisture.

Just have to correct a mistake in the title: Those are not from Victorian Era, but from XV. Louis.

Also, can I list these here for sale? How does it work?

For sale is usually tools general machines odds and ends type of thing rather than your work. Maybe something like Etsy or even get a website.
Are there any galleries or even art shops near you you could approach ?. Sometimes its just a case of wearing out shoe leather going looking for potential customers.

Back