Vici has landed in fine working order

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Ian :lol:

So we have the BRN ( Wizer )

And several BGM's ( Blister ) ( Cornucopia )

And now we have a MBM ( Medium Blue Machine )

:p :mrgreen: :p

Hello Paul

One reason for changing to the VL300 was that I plan to make large segmented pieces which need tailstock support during construction. Obviously this can't be done outboard, so I couldn't use the VL175. I suppose I will just have to pay the penalty in additional workshop space. There is some compensation in that the VL300 is quite a bit shorter than the VL175. The bed including the headstock is 39" long, as opposed to 60" or so on on the VL175. With the tailstock removed you can do faceplate work on the VL300 by leaning over the bed from the tailstock end.

Yes I will post some pics when I get the opportunity

Got to go now as son and daughter are visiting today to celebrrate son's 27th birthday

Jim

Blister wrote
And several BGM's ( Blister )
How you getting on with he BGM Allen.Is it up and running yet :?:

Hello Jim.
I think if i had the room i would have had the 300,but saying that if i had had the room i would have a VB now,as that was my first choice but had to back out of the deal due to lack of room,as my lathe had to go against the wall where it is situated.
Also the swivel head has come in useful when using my hollowing rig,as i can turn the head out instead of the tool to give me the room i need to get inside the hollow forms,if you see what i mean.So the 175 has been useful that way for me :D
Hope you had a good day yesterday.

Hi Paul

I see you are a man of taste, wanting a VB. You're not alone. But there is the cost as well as the size and weight, and unless you put on the long tailstock assembly on they do vibrate (a bit) if not bolted down. Oh and they get very hot. Just me being satisfied with what I have.

I did love using the VL175 and I know what you mean about the hollowing rest, because I used one with mine. On the 300 you have to move to the other side of the bed.

Had a good day yesterday with birthday boy, but at what age do the kids stop being an expense? After lunch I retreated to the turning empire out back and made a big shiny beech bowl and tons of shavings. Now that's a proper winter's sunday afternoon!

Jim

Jim

Paul.J":3nsz4kv0 said:
Blister wrote
And several BGM's ( Blister )
How you getting on with he BGM Allen.Is it up and running yet :?:

Paul

Only just sold the big table saw , so I now have some more room ,
will get back to sorting the new workshop

If it ever warms up a bit :roll:

Its still there looking at me every time I go in the garage :p

Not used it yet , But I know its waiting :wink:

Dust Busker wrote
Had a good day yesterday with birthday boy, but at what age do the kids stop being an expense? After lunch I retreated to the turning empire out back and made a big shiny beech bowl and tons of shavings. Now that's a proper winter's sunday afternoon!
Seems a good way to end the day Jim :D

Blister wrote
Only just sold the big table saw , so I now have some more room ,
will get back to sorting the new workshop

If it ever warms up a bit

Its still there looking at me every time I go in the garage

Not used it yet , But I know its waiting
Can't believe how long it took to sell the table saw Allen.I thought it would have been snapped up.
You have more patience than me.

Back