Very faint print on book, Christopher Gabriel and the Tool Trade in 18th Century London 1770-1809

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnPW

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought this book recently: Christopher Gabriel and the Tool Trade in 18th Century London 1770-1809.

On nearly all of the pages, the text and graphics are light grey, yes it's readable but it's hard work and unpleasant. A few pages have actual normal black text.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this?

Last edited:
Has anyone bought this book recently: Christopher Gabriel and the Tool Trade in 18th Century London 1770-1809.

On nearly all of the pages, the text and graphics are light grey, yes it's readable but it's hard work and unpleasant. A few pages has actual normal black text.

I wonder if anyone has experienced this?
Is it one of those cheapo reprints sold as a new book? They are often really badly done and a bit of a rip off. Get your money back?

This is a most excellent publication.
My copy is okay so sounds like something has slipped in quality control.

Where did you purchase it from and what did they say ?

Cheers, Andy

I got it from Amazon (I know). I'm not sure it's worth the effort of returning it.

It's published by Roy Arnold of Ipswich. The front and back covers are sort of blurry and the grey text is a bit grainy, like if it was printed from a scan, using a computer printer. Weird thing is it has the price in dollars on the back cover above the bar code.

I got it from Amazon (I know). I'm not sure it's worth the effort of returning it.

It's published by Roy Arnold of Ipswich. The front and back covers are sort of blurry and the grey text is a bit grainy, like if it was printed from a scan, using a computer printer. Weird thing is it has the price in dollars on the back cover above the bar code.
Amazon are OK for faulty returns. Sounds like you bought a cheapo scanned print and not the real thing.

Latest posts

Back