Vertical Mouse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use a vertical mouse - Which type?

My physio has recommended it to take the starin off my forearm and hence help with the tendonitis.

There appears to be two types - joystick with a thumb buttom and the more conventional but more upright mouse where the fingers are used normally but in a vertical position.

Interested to hear of any experiances with either type.

Andy

Andy,
Confess I never heard of one. I find that provided I lower my chair (it's an office type) so that my elbow is well below my wrist ,using a mouse is OK. I also use a mousepad with a wrist support. If however, I don't do this, I get tennis elbow pretty quickly.

Andy,

I spend most of my working day using CAD and thermal simulation software (and surfing here obviously!! :oops: ), so I probably have a mouse in my hand for 7 hours a day. I used to get terrible problems with my wrist, forearm, elbow and even shoulder and neck, but then I got a mouse mat with a gel wrist support built in - I couldn't believe the difference it made.

I can now rest my wrist on the gel pad, so that all the weight of my arm is supported, and my hand is in a comfortable position on the mouse - net result - no more arm pain.

It might be worth you trying one (mine was about £12 IIRC), so see if it solves the problem, before going down the route of more expensive solutions.

Either way, I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Regards

Gary

I haven't used a mouse in years. I use a Logitech Trackman Wheel. It takes a short time to get used to but once you do get used to it then mice are a thing of the past. I've got 5 computers in my flat an every one of them has a tracman attached.

Also, did you know that those wrist rests actually make RSI worse and not better?

Thanks for the comments.

I've decided to go left handed for now which was actually easier than I thought.

Andy

Neomorph":3pdsqhxp said:
dedee":3pdsqhxp said:
Thanks for the comments.

I've decided to go left handed for now which was actually easier than I thought.

Andy

I've got a NostromoN52 under that hand :wink:

So have I! :oops: (spot the gaming geeks)

Sorry Andy, I've never used a vertical mouse, but I used to use a trackball at my old job in response to some shocking RSI and it certainly did help, it was also funny watching people trying to use it who had never used one before :lol: I have found that a mousepad with a gel pad actually helped when I use a mouse though.

V.

Vormulac":2n3jmill said:
Neomorph":2n3jmill said:
I've got a NostromoN52 under that hand :wink:

So have I! :oops: (spot the gaming geeks)

Sorry Andy, I've never used a vertical mouse, but I used to use a trackball at my old job in response to some shocking RSI and it certainly did help, it was also funny watching people trying to use it who had never used one before :lol: I have found that a mousepad with a gel pad actually helped when I use a mouse though.

V.

heh... gaming geeks is true. Most of my mates were amazed that I could play Counter Strike with one and a Nostromo N50 (predecessor for the N52). It amazed them even more that I used to beat them too heh.

Latest posts

Back