UPGRADE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill joiner

Established Member
Reaction score
Just set this bad boy up :D Had a bargain of the bay. Got this CL1 36X15 and a load of chisels for £350. The box of chisels are worth more than that on there own tbh.
I like the swivelling head which should make life a hell of allot easier.
Does anyone know if there should be a locking pin or ball bearing in the swivel part? There is a hole in the both top and bottom plates but no locking pin to hold it dead in line. :?

Attachments

• stairs 005.JPG
    stairs 005.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 770
  • stairs 007.JPG
    stairs 007.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 770
Can you check with a nail, pencil or something before you worry too much about an actual pin? I've a 28 - 40 with holes for a pin that I presumed lined the headstock up - when I checked it was about 3mm off, which makes a pin redundant.

My old CL3 didn't have a locating pin originally, but I lined up the headstock and tailstock accurately and then drilled the headstock join with it's baseplate, ground and snapped the drill bit off to a suitable length, turned a wooden knob for the end, and used that as a locating pin. Worked very well but obviously dependent on how accurately you can set it up and drill.

Cheers, Paul

Back