Unhappy with the forum spellchecker?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I recently installed some components from a free Google-supplied suite of apps which included a Google menu bar for IE.
Usually, I hate these things and find them intrusive rather than helpful and so don't even try them. However, this installed as part of the suite and so I gave it a try.

There is a spellchecker button on it and if one selects text in a post and clicks said button, the spellchecker then works really well, highlighting suspect spelling and a right-click offers alternatives (much like MS Office). It is great and is much better than the forum version.

On the Mac the systems spellcheker/dictionary automatically kicks in whenever test is typed in any application or on any website. It took me a long time to find it but I now wonder why Windows does not do something similar - or does it?

Andy

The forum spellchecker is a bit dodgy because it's an american dictionary and tries to tell you to put in Z where you put in a S.

Always said the american dictionary was a bit backward in english spelling lol (Z is a mirror image of S).

Another thing the forum spellcheck fails at is the learn button... damn thing never learns and keeps suggesting "iamb" or "immy" for "I'm" for some bizarre reason!. ](*,) What the blummin heck does iamb or immy mean?????

Oh yeah... and it doesn't understand "Spellchecker" either!
roflmao.gif

Back