UK Workshop Big Bash-THE RETURN!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mel and john":1l9k6djh said:
cant see "semper in excretia" on my map...
It's between Manchester and Leeds.... :lol:

MarkW":1l9k6djh said:
To hell with it, lets just rent a chunk of the NEC and have everybody. :lol: :lol:
Well Wood 06 is coming up shortly at the NEC. Might be a chance to put faces to names for some of us, although personally I find the car parks a bit of a trek and I wouldn't fancy lugging a bag full of tools round all day..... :shock:

Scrit

Scrit":swksg7r6 said:
mel and john":swksg7r6 said:
has any thought been put into a northern meet ???? :-k
its a bit to far for us northerners
are there any northern members willing to arrange such a bash ???
"The North" is a pretty big area. Any ideas about where "oop North" we'd need to be?

Scrit

I'm sure we could organise something - if enough interest was shown and a few southerners were willing to risk passing the Watford Gap :D

it's not the risk of passing watford gap, its stopping at watford gap and
actually eating there :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

paul :wink:

Alf
Yes, it is a little rural :roll: It is land owned by the volunteers Dad, so we should be o.k. if the snow holds off. I plan to do a "site visit" soon to check how practical it is.
Glad to see so many folk are interested. I've had lots of offers for demonstrations so it should be quite an informative and fun get-together.
Stay tuned.....
Philly :D
And Andy, better just have the one Magners :twisted:

You could do worse and drink the local stuff..................

are we sure that irish apple stuff should be called cider!!! :lol:

surely if stilton has to be made in stilton, and armangnac in
normandy should not cider be in the west country????? :twisted:

like the idea of demos philly any hints about what, we may all have
to get their earlier even than last time :lol: :lol:

paul :wink:

A poor case presented for the defense, I fear. So, where's Cider then?...............

Noel, jesting.

Glad to see you lot are as excited about the bash as you are about curry and cider! :lol:
We have (at the moment) hand cut dovetails, veneering, carving, sharpening, the Rat dovetails demo, and stock preparation with handplanes. Stay tuned for much, much more! :D
Cheers

Philly, sounds fantastic, can't wait - plus some friends of ours have recently moved to Stoodleigh and we haven't visited yet...two birds with one stone.
Only possible set back is that it's my wife's 40th and son's 16th in the first half of February, he says, angling for a date in the second half...
Cheers
Stewart

Hi Philly,
The planned venue for the next 'Big Bash' sounds great, it should allow for more demos, and more room to have 'work in progress' exhibits, for those brave enough to bring their work.

But I would second Alfs comments about the weather, for myself I will definately, without a doubt, be snowbound in Feb. (We usually have about three to four feet in Jan / Feb )

My next trip to Blighty is in the planning stages right now so is Feb. fixed in concrete, or can it be moved to March or even April :?: Might provide time to save up for some more goodies :)

Philly

I'd love to come. Missed the last one so big effort required. Good possibility of a pass out if I drop SWMBO off at Clarks Village in Street on the way through. Looking forward to seeing some demonstrations of how things should be done (especially sharpening).

Bob

Right-I'll check out the date situation. So March would be safer? Or will loads of you be on holiday?
One possible problem for later in the year is the Volunteer's Wife is pregnant and expecting in April-you know how spot on those predictions are. I want to leave plenty of "safety zone" around that one. :lol:

March is a bit tricky for me - depends on the final dates. Early march woudl be best

Latest posts

Back