TT Races Ian Hutchinsons crash

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just been watching some footage of Ian Hutchinsons crash at this years senior race and it looks like he actually hit some wood approx 12" x 2" lying on the road? see what you think.......watch it a few times and pause when ya spot it.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/tt- ... one-crash/

anyone else spot it or am i seeing things?
He was one lucky bloke to ONLY break his leg this time, bit like Guy Martin on the Honda.....never missed the TT for 25 year until moving up here but I'm off to Northwest 200 next year :D
I have done drag racing in the past on a trick turbo'd Katana so like speed but in a straight line not 170mph through a village with bends and stone walls! :shock:

Brian

No, it's not you. At 0:31 there is some debris in the road, but I can't tell if it's wood or foam from the barrier.

Here's a screen grab from the video link you posted.

Ian_Hutchinson.jpg

Attachments

• Ian_Hutchinson.jpg
    Ian_Hutchinson.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 673
That screen shot shows the view from Dave Johnson's bike as he followed Hutchy and hit the resulting debris. If you watch it all the way through that bike keeps going and doesn't crash.

Pete

Bale":3lic35t3 said:
That screen shot shows the view from Dave Johnson's bike as he followed Hutchy and hit the resulting debris. If you watch it all the way through that bike keeps going and doesn't crash.

Pete

Cheers Pete :D
Its quite obvious now after watching the footage again :oops: I blame it on my dodgy eyesight lol

Brian

Yes the commentator states it is the foam barrier that Dave Johnson ran over. Looks like Hutchy lost the back using the back brake. :shock:

mailee":17dyepfy said:
Yes the commentator states it is the foam barrier that Dave Johnson ran over. Looks like Hutchy lost the back using the back brake. :shock:

Aye silly mistake by Hutchy.........he said he had a puncture on his Twitter messages.

Cheers
Brian

Claymore":46pm21xt said:
mailee":46pm21xt said:

Aye silly mistake by Hutchy.........he said he had a puncture on his Twitter messages.

Cheers
Brian

Think he did have a puncture, or at least a partially deflated front tyre. A fan had footage/pictures of it just before he got into the chicane area.

@Claymore, enjoy NW200, super race meeting.

Back