Try and avoid using Internet Explorer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
In case you didn't know there is a new bug identified (and as yet not patched) in IE and you can get infected simply by browsing or following an innocent looking link. None of your AV or firewall stuff will pick it up.

This link tells you more..Drive-By IE Attacks Subside; Threat Remains although it's a bit above my head at times :?

and here Hackers Use BBC News as IE Attack Lure

Sadly there still persist out there idiotic commercial websites that only work properly with IE and not, for example, Firefox

Firefox is a bit of a joke when it comes to compatibility and security - I say this after a converstation with my friend who is currrently working on the next generation of internet grahpics standards for "web 2.0" and not only knows his stuff, has worked on open source software for years.

IE is the one to use on the PC in his opinion

Interestingly, he works writing code on PCs for a multinational company but uses a MAC for all video editing and loves it (still uses his PCs for everything else though

Très vrai. Je pense à obtenir à un cahier d'imper la fois prochaine que je suis dû pour le neuf au travail. Voulez employer tous les deux. :D

Those of us who aren't linguists might find this handy... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Who use Firefox and doesn't get any warnings about spyware until she checks here Hotmail account in IE... :?

ah another of the great geek debates

i'm a FF fan

Roger Sinden":1rkt070e said:
Tony":1rkt070e said:
Très vrai. Je pense à obtenir à un cahier d'imper la fois prochaine que je suis dû pour le neuf au travail. Voulez employer tous les deux. :D

Your French has defeated Babelfish !
:lol:

Just tried it in google language tool and that understands the oddities of my french :lol:

Tony

What 'strange' English you speak :wink: This is what Google gave me...

Very true. I think of obtaining in a book imper the nearest time which I am due for the nine to work. Please employ both !!

I hope this isn't how your lectures go :wink: :lol:

Latest posts

Back