Truck and other vehicles. Great fun to make

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journeyman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished these toys for a friend of a friends great grandson. He is only 6 months old at the moment so it could be a while until he gets to play with them. They are from the book Scoll Saw Toys and Vehicles by Stan Graves.
The semi is made from Oak and mahogany and is approximately 27" long by 6" high at the cab. The other two vehicles are made from pine and are 9" x 6" approx. They were great fun to make and should last the young fella a while. They are seriously chunky pieces. I made a set a couple of years ago for my nephew and it's still going strong with the odd scratch here and there. There are several more vehicles in the book and I am itching to make them when I get the chance.
Mick

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 891
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 891
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 892
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 891
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 891
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 891
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 891
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 891
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 891
Absolutely stunning Mick, i love them, only wish i had time to make them, too busy with orders and now the pine man has started again i will be lucky to lift my head up..

Must try and do some one day...

I think the different colours work really well !! Im slightly jealous :mrgreen: top job ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300

The red one really stands out for me. I could imagine picking it up then having to look over my shoulder before going 'brum brum brum' :D

Sent from my GT-I9300

thanks guys, it's nice to have some positive feedback from fellow scrollers. They were fun to make and are not really that difficult to make. Have to print a few copies of the patterns so you can cut the different elements out though. I have another one to do now that this has been shown around the neighbourhood. It pays to advertise.
Martin, I'm a 63 year old kid too. My grandkids keep me young, ( and wear me out ) - Lol
Mick

Thank You Mick for sharing you have made a brilliant job in doing them.They have brought a lot of happy memories of the projects that I did for my grandsons (six ) they are now in there early 20's and late teens.

Bryan

Great work, Mick, I am sure that your friends, great grandson will be very please when he is old enough to appreciate them, that is if your friend passes them on, they would be very tempting to keep I think. :wink:

Just had a look on Amazon, Stan Graves book is a little on the pricey side, but if the patterns are good and work, then probably worth the price.

Take care.

Chris R.

journeyman":2h57d38f said:
Martin, I'm a 63 year old kid too. My grandkids keep me young, ( and wear me out ) - Lol
Mick

Got no kids or grandkids so I get to keep all the toys to myself. :mrgreen: Having said that, my O/H's nieces and nephews are knocking 'em out now so I already had a couple of door name plaques to make, and another little girl arrived a few days ago, so no doubt there will be more requests in the offing.

Martin.

ChrisR wrote
Just had a look on Amazon, Stan Graves book is a little on the pricey side, but if the patterns are good and work, then probably worth the price.
I was lucky, my daughter bought it me a couple of years ago for Christmas. there was method in her madness as at that time my grandson was only 10 and into trucks in a big way. It is good value, especially if you can sell a few, which is not too difficult.
Waterstones have it from £8-94. The amazon site is havin' a laugh at 58 quid
Mick

Latest posts

Back