Triton Saw at B & Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncan A

Established Member
Reaction score
There's been some correspondence about B & Q offloading Triton power tools cheap.

Members may like to know that Northampton B & Q have four Triton TSA001 235mm circular saws on the shelf at £112.50. They are at:
Nene Valley Retail Park, Towcester Road
Northampton
NN1 1ET
Tel: 01604 823100

Too late for me, I already bought mine at a regular price!

Duncan

Duncan
Welcome to the forum. On a recent trip to UK I found myself in Northampton but was trying to leave before the rush hour so didn't go to B&Q.

I think it would have to be a very attractive deal to get me in there anyway. :lol:

Bit of a thankyou really. Got the Triton router for £149 from my local B&Q (Scotswood, Newcastle upon Tyne) at the weekend. 3 left if anyone needs one.

Took my Freud 2000 out of the table and put the Triton in. Fantastic! Cuts like a dream. Sounds like a spindle moulder if the speed is low and still cuts well. Very powerful and brilliant height adjustment. Mounted it with the adj knob frontwards giving great access.

Anyway, thanks again to all those who recommended it and gave the heads-up to the good deal.

Hi
I also recently bought a triton to replace my freud. How is your router mounted in the table? Did you need to get special machine screws for it?

I've got the Axminster Reuseau plate.
I've emaild tritiontools.co.uk and they sell 1/2" screws. I've read here somewhere that these are a little on the short side for mounting.

Anyone got this combo, and know if these screws are long enough? Or somewhere I can buy some longer ones?

Thanks
J

Thanks for that Ray, I emailed them last week, but haven't had a reply yet.

I'll try and give them a call.

j":2q3t8oe9 said:
Thanks for that Ray, I emailed them last week, but haven't had a reply yet.

I'll try and give them a call.
If you have difficulties, let me know - they're only a few miles from me, I'll pop over and give them a slap. :) If they're reluctant to do mail order, I'll get some and pop them in a jiffy bag for you.

Ray.

Hi ,

Got my mounting screws locally - they are 1/4" whitworth and need to be about 3/4" long.

If you get stuck I could send you 4 inch ones for you to cut down.

I, too, am looking for screws to mount my triton and have just come off the phone to PTS, they say they no longer do the imperial ones so just thought you might (or might not) like to know.

Toby

There's a triton circular saw (ex display) for £89 (I think) at Eastwood B&Q. No box or instructions and may be other bits missing.

Also all their Trend router bits 1/4 and 1/2 inch (3 boxes full) are up for grabs at half price.

Also Trend templates for letterboxes, lettering, butt hinges etc for half price.

Latest posts

Back