Triton Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveal

Reaction score
I'm in the process of deciding on a router table for my new Triton router. I've read many of the posts here, which have been enlightening.
The Rutlands site says that the Triton router Table was voted 'Best on Test' in a recent Woodworking magazine.
I have to admit I was surprised by this. I've always thought the Triton looked tinny and cheap.
Did anyone see this comparison (I've been out of the UK working for several months, so I'm not 'current'), and if so can you tell me tha magazine concerned?
Was the test convincing?
Which other tables were considered?

Any guidance would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve I have owned the Triton router table for 18 months now. It was made first router table and I bought it as it was easy to fit the Triton router to. Its price was less than £90 and compared well . To get the router plate level with the table takes some time and if you keep removing the router for non table use it become a pain. I found that their pressure fingers were not as effective as a featherboard. The sliding mitre gauge also had to be aligned with the table top. The dust extraction allows for vacuum hose to be attached so if you have 4" extraction you have to modify the port as is below.
I am building my own table now as most who buy tables tend to do. I have been happy with the table but have moved on. If you are in the South East you are welcome to come and try the table.
Barry

RouterTableOld.jpg

Steve

I can't comment on the triton table, but have you considered building your own RT?

Theres lots of threads showing various designs.

Back