Triton parts supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickson71

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Anybody know of a company that sells Triton tools spare parts

Basically I want a new 1/4" reducing collet for my Triton router as the last one slipped free whilst I was routing a groove in the router table.......ended up in shop vac. As a result of this it no longer slides into the normal collet.

I've had a look at the tritontools.co.uk and and the part is £3.53 but they want £11.75 postage or if I want next day postage its over 17 quid
These postage costs are crazy .......... anybody got any ideas

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

Try the Woodworking Centre at Sywell near Northampton. The owner, David Ashworth, used to work for Triton and has loads of spares and some seconds in stock. The website is here. They also stock most of the Triton range, and will post at cost plus 50p.

As an aside, I was there last week and they seem to be having a sale on the larger machinery, eg Scheppach and Jet stuff.

I've got no connection with them, just a satisfied customer.

Alex

tritontools.co.uk and sharpend-uk are the same company afaik. In my experience they have always charged extremely high postage prices, which has put me off buying things. Having said that they are always very helpful on the phone or via email. Maybe if u call them and explain how ridiculous the quoted postage charges are, they may be more helpful.

Hi guys

Thanks for the info ........... I've just noticed that I've got email for triton tools as I added the collet to my basket then gave up on the trasaction when I found out the postage ...... so I may email them back and see what happens ....... I'll let you know how I get on

Thanks

Ian

Just to let you that this morning I emailed Tritontools.co.uk back replying to the follow up and I've already had a reply back from them within a couple of hours (not bad for a Sunday!!!) ........ The postage has now been adjusted to a much more sensible price for such a small item and I'll be giving them a ring tomorrow to get the part ordered .........

I'm impressed with the rapidness of the reply

Ian

Hi Nickson

How did you get on with Triton Tools .co.uk because as far as I know they no longer sell Triton and also are nothing to do do with David Ashworth. Would be interested to know as I am a Triton retailer. If you get stuck let me know.

Mike - I think it's any excuse to plug his business - 3 post and 3 plugs :roll:

Cheers

Karl

denlev, that has to be the poorest commerce website I've seen since 1995. Feel free to contact me if you need a proper solution. ;)

wizer":1g3e2l6v said:
denlev, that has to be the poorest commerce website I've seen since 1995. Feel free to contact me if you need a proper solution. ;)

Well I didn't like to say, :lol: but you're dead right. It was so bad I didn't even venture past the first page.

I also think Karl has a point.

chippy1970":2ecvkrpa said:
That makes my website look great :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chippy your having a laugh ain't you, your website is hell of a lot better. Alright there is not a great deal on there yet, but I am sure that you will put that right as and when you take photos of your work.

Cheers

Mike

Agreed. Chris, your is much better! (Could be better tho ;) )

Back