Triton MOF001 / UJK Metric Guide Bush Set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChickenMan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a Triton MOF001 router which mostly sits in a table, but I'm keen to start experimenting with guide bushes and I like the look of the UJK metric set for sale at Axminster:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technology-metric-threaded-guidebush-set-502571

I'm really looking at metric as being a young whippersnapper the whole imperial thing is something of a mystery to me. From what I can understand it's not a simple case of buying one of the Axminster adaptors for a Triton router. It looks as though I either need to buy the Triton TGA250 kit, which comes with a bunch of imperial bushes which are not much use to me, or possibly that I buy the Trend GB/5 sub base instead, although I'm not clear if that would need a separate adapter as well:

http://www.trenddirectuk.com/gb-5

Can any of you Triton users tell me what set up you use? I don't really want to spend £100+ on the Triton kit plus the UJK bushes just so I can mess about a bit, but on the other hand I would like a solution that I can switch to relatively quickly and painlessly. The other alternative is that I use my Ryobi router for bush work, but I was sort of aiming to get rid of that and stick with the Triton.

Thanks for any advice you can give - I may not be able to reply to responses until tomorrow, but will be very grateful for all comments just the same.

Little bump for the weekend, plus added some links to the original post. Hope that's OK,if no responses this time I'll just let it die, promise :)

I don't know the triton router or what bush system it uses but I would say don't dismiss imperial bushes, just draw up a chart with the nearest metric conversion and work with those.
Most router cutters are imperial too. so the radial offset between cutter and bush (which is the critical thing about using bushes) will be a standard imperial figure and you can convert that to metric if you like.

Two numbers to keep in mind 1inch = 25.4mm and 1mm = 40 (39.37 actually) thousandths of an inch. from that you can work out everything with your preferred method of calculation or asking google.

Myfordman":69eh0nr8 said:
I don't know the triton router or what bush system it uses but I would say don't dismiss imperial bushes, just draw up a chart with the nearest metric conversion and work with those.
Most router cutters are imperial too. so the radial offset between cutter and bush (which is the critical thing about using bushes) will be a standard imperial figure and you can convert that to metric if you like.

Two numbers to keep in mind 1inch = 25.4mm and 1mm = 40 (39.37 actually) thousandths of an inch. from that you can work out everything with your preferred method of calculation or asking google.

That's a good point, thanks!

Back