Trend T30AF or Record RSDE2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vormulac

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm planning on ordering a new extractor for my burgeoning workshop over the next few days and was wondering what people reckoned on these two? The Trend appears to be much more of a shop vac, but people do speak highly of it, whereas the Record has (I believe) a 4" hose and a greater capacity.
Whichever one is chosen is going to have to run the full gamut of shop use, from being attached to the tablesaw/thicknesser/router/etc, to being used as a vac to tidy the shop afterwards.

I look forward to your opinions/experience.

Thanks in advance.

V.

the trend won't do your thicknesser.

I have the RSDE2 which has the 100mm hose and a small hose for powertools. I use mine for drill press, bandsaw, thicknesser, router, power tools and any onsite cleaning, sand, dust, plastic etc

Only advantage the trend has over the RP is the power take off

Andy

I've owned the Trend for about 18 months and have found it first class. The power take off is a real advantage imho. :)

Cheers
Trig

To be fair the Trend has other advantages too, long hose and long cable for instance, but as LyNx says it won't do your thicknesser.

I have the Record RSDE1, which is a slightly smaller version of the RSDE2.

I use mine for everything from the planer / thicknesser, table saw extraction, through to fine dust extraction when sanding on the lathe.

I also use it to hoover the workshop when I am finished too.

I handles as these tasks with no fuss whatsoever. I just wish it would learn to empty itself!

I would thoroughly recomnd the RSDE2 for what you have in mind.

Regards

Gary

Thanks for all your comments guys. Sounds like two excellent machines, but as an all in one solution the Record might be the more sensible option.

Incidentally, I don't see any stats for it pertaining to noise or filtration or anything, but bargaincrazy are doing a Hyundai 1400w wet/dry vac with power take-off for about £59, if anyone's interested.

www.bargaincrazy.com in the electricals section.

Thanks very much, all. :)

V.

I second Taffy completely, same as I have but would upgrade if it fails, but with a five year guarantee :D :D

Les

Back