Tree Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much everyone. I'm really pleased you like it.

Answers to a few questions:

1. I do have a lot of pics of the making but I think I need to reserve those for the magazine article, but the ribs are grooved into the legs and extend almost out to the extremities.

2. I was not consciuosly influenced by other deigns but I do look at a lot of other people's work so I am sure there must have been some more subtle influences at work.

3. The core of the table top is in ply for stability. The core is 5 sided and set 1mm below the surface of the lipping which is applied before veneering. Recesses for the veneers are routed out of the lipping so that the veneers can inlaid into it. Lipping then flushed VERY carefully with a block plane and scraper.

Jim

That's a beautiful piece of work Jim,
very very impressive, make sure you let us know when the article is published, generally I don't read the ww magazines but for this I'd make a special effort.
Much respect,
T

Like everyone else I'm in awe of the quality of work. I do like burr patterns.

Wish I could say I liked the design but it is not to my taste.... not that that matters in the least. Still an inspiring piece of work for quality and techniques used. thanks for sharing.

Robert,

Thanks for that; it's really nice that someone takes the trouble to respond positively even when they don't like the design.

Jim

Back