Trail bike

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just finished this bike the pattern is from garnet hall I used walnut beech sapele poplar and cherry the tyres and exhaust are ebonised sapele it measures 16.5x 9.5 thanks for looking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 859
Brilliant piece of work ---wish my ebonizing would turn out like that, do you use white vinegar and iron filings to make the solution?

I haven't done a BMW claymore I've done a Harley tourer and Harley chopper the xt and an indian

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 637
Thanks claymore The trail bike is 16x9 the touring bike is 12x21 the indian is 22x12 and the chopper is 38x18 inches

Claymore I've been scrolling for about 4 years I used to make wooden models before that ,to make the tyres black I ebonised them using a solution of white vinegar and fine wire wool you pour some white vinegar into a jar and add some fine wire wool leave it for a few days then strain it off brush it on to you wood and it turns it black but it only works on certain woods eg. Walnut oak mahogany sapele etc hope this helps

Bob,
Very impressive work with such nice detail.
Out of interest, and because rounding over of Intarsia has recently been mentioned here, how do you round over your pieces ?

Back