Toys for kids at Xmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Brubaker

Established Member
Reaction score
As regulars to this forum, you know that I build wooden toys which are donated at Christmas to children of needy families. I use project scraps hence, there usually is 3 or 4 different species of wood used in my toys.
When I head to my scrap bin the first consideration is a piece of sufficient size, then I consider things like species & the color. Anyhow.... in past years I have always found myself in a rush to complete toys in time for distribution, so have started early this year.
Last December there was a picture in our local newpaper carrying an article on concerns of unsafe Chinese toys. The picture posed a very clever Welshman toymaker & his rocker motorcycle. What a super idea.
Soooo I more or less copied his but incorporated a few changes. And here it is. Thanks for looking.

Lee

[/img
Motorcycle2.jpg
[/url]

Lee,

That is a wonderful toy that you have made, there are going to be some very happy kids next Christmas.

Absolutely fantastic :D

So if you've started early this year,does this mean we will get to see more of your work ? [-o<

Andrew

That's fantastic Lee, and all from scraps...

The kid who gets that toy will be very popular with his friends.

Keep it up and lets see more as you make them. Any chance of WIP pics?

regards

Brian

Thanks for the kind comments. They provide incentive to continue inflicting my efforts on you.
Brian. For some reason I never think to take pics of WIP. I posted a pic of a roadster with rumble seat earlier under "At it again" heading on page 6. Another vehicle is pic'd below.

Lee

32Buick.jpg
[/img]

Lee Brubaker":1tv5i5s2 said:
Brian. For some reason I never think to take pics of WIP.

Pity Lee they are really nice. Keep posting though because they are still great to see even without the work in progress pics.

regards

Brian

Latest posts

Back