Toolstation Dovetail Jig?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the axminster one, had it for a number of years and made quite a few drawer boxes for kitchens in that time.

It works ok but you have to be careful with the clamping, too much pressure can break the plastic parts and narrow parts need a balance piece on the other side to keep the clamping flat. I think its ok for the price.

Factor in that the Axminster one includes a cutter with it, that alone almost matches the prices.
From what I've seen of Silverline products I'd buy the Axminster instead. At least that will come with some instructions and if you run into problems Axminster's after sales service is generally well regarded. Plus you can get spare combs (you may need that if you're unlucky) and differently spaced combs too which helps increase it's versatility (see below).

The main limitation of these sorts of jigs are that you'll need to design around the jig's fixed finger spacing. That may not be important to you, but is likely to prove frustrating at times.

Back