Tom Tom...who'd have one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought the latest TT 710 with external aerial for our recent holiday to Switzerland and its been a pain in the rear end to say the least :evil: . To start with it wouldn't find a satellite(s) and kept on switching on again when it was turned off , with the result that it was talking to me from inside the glove box! When it did decide to work the map wouldn't track as the car moved. Took it back to Comet who sent it off to TT for repair. Got it back t'other day, tried it out on a short journey ...guess what. So its back to Comet again this am who contacted TT, who then said is was the windscreen dock causing the problem. When I got home I rang TT who directed me to a relevant webpage. This page said that early shipments of the latest TT's have got a dodgy windscreen dock and a 'new and improved version' will be shipped to you free, gratis and for nothing if the TT serial no is inputted as well as address details. Hopefully, this will be the end of my problems with it, if not its going to end up at the bottom of a river somewhere (nearly ended up at the bottom of a Swiss lake several times on holiday) - Rob

I always thought the secret to never getting lost was always knowing where you are.
Easier said then done in thick fog 914m up a Scottish Mountain :lol:

Which is why I do not ever want to rely on an electronic navigation device of any sort.

Besides which getting lost can often be quite fun! Within reason of course.

Andy
(who has not bagged a Monro for far too long - about 200 to go I think)

Rob,

Bad luck with your TT. I have just ordered a 910 based on my experience with a TT Rider on my motorbike that has been absolutely magic. Exceptionally quick to sync at all times; completely weatherproof; operable with gloved hands; sensible routes and never gets annoyed when I ignore it..

The 910 is to replace the usage of the OEM fitment in my Volvo which signed it's own death warrant getting lost in Cambridge (not to speak of just about anywhere in France).

Waterhead37 wrote:
ordered a 910
This windscreen dock problem is applicable to all the new series of TT's, especially the early shipments (we got ours at the end of July)...by now the current new TT's should have the improved windscreen dock as standard. If it does go wrong tho', (and I hope it doesn't) the first place to look, based on my recent experience, would be the dock - Rob

Dedee, couldn't agree more! My experience of Scottish hills over 20-odd years is that battery powered wotsits (cameras, Petzl's, Magellans) all die in the temperatures on Cairngorm, Bein Attow, Lliatach or wherever. I would REALLY hate to be depending on anything other than pacing and a magnetic bearing above Zero or Point Five Gully!!"Tom, Tom?"? Aye, right on mate....thon's the 'quare' paperweight.

Latest posts

Back