to recover lost photographs on memory cards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to recover some lost photographs from my XD camera card (fujI) and thought I would pass on this for information purposes.

For help on using the program please visit:

http://www.photosrecovery.com/help/help.htm

If the program is not able to find anything on your memory card then your camera initializes the actual image data when deleting, not just mark the file as deleted in the file system. In this situation the recovery is not possible. Smart Media and xD picture cards have this problem.

Files deleted by a Fuji or Olympus camera are usually not recoverable.

devonwoody":3odhkqk1 said:
Smart Media and xD picture cards have this problem.

Files deleted by a Fuji or Olympus camera are usually not recoverable.

Thanks for that, DW - it explains why I've failed to recover images from corrupted xD cards off my Fuji 7000.
But why is it always the irreplaceable ones that get corrupted, never the ones you can pop outside and repeat :(

engineer one":1o2fc0hw said:
so does it worth with sd, and how much????

paul :wink:

there is a trial period so hve a freebie :)

I have sometimes found with trial periods that you can alter the date (back date) on your PC and get some more free time :twisted:

devonwoody":183wuf0s said:
I have sometimes found with trial periods that you can alter the date (back date) on your PC and get some more free time :twisted:
But surely that would be cheating the developers out of earning an income from their work and no one here would condone that sort of thing would they.
Mike

Is there an easy way to recover your photos if they are not in the recycle bin anymore? So far i found only one article on topic how to recover your photos and going to try everything what they offer. Those were the picture from our last family vacation and my wife will kill me if i will not get those back.

Is there an easy way to recover your photos if they are not in the recycle bin anymore? So far i found only one article on topic how to recover your photos and going to try everything what they offer. Those were the picture from our last family vacation and my wife will kill me if i will not get those back.
Presumably these were on a PC or laptop. The more you use the device the more likely the deleted files are to be over written therefore best to remove the hard drive & read it from another PC. If you need more help on how to do that, ask.
2 free programmes are often recommended (don't download & install them on the drive with the lost files)
PhotoRec - PhotoRec
Recuva - Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!

Back