Tick, tock.... Finally finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
It's taken me a little over 5 months and I have to say I've never spent so much time thinking about a project. Having said that now that it's running I am very pleased with the outcome.

Unfortunately I didn't take any WIP so it's just the finished product.

Originally purchased a plan for a grandmother but felt it too small so some alterations carried out and it's now something of an 'in-betweenie' being neither grandmother or grandfather.

Combination of recycled mahogany and sapele (spelling?) but with the use of some of Norm's gel stain and a few coats of the old danish its not to noticeable (although I'll bet someone out there can tell!!).

First time I've made one of these and have already had a couple of fiends ask me to make one for them. I reckon it's cost me a little over £400 in total (includes some router bits and the movement) so not massively expensive.

100_3776.jpg

100_3773.jpg

100_3775.jpg

100_3781.jpg

100_3780.jpg

100_3773.jpg

100_3789.jpg

Thats stunning!

Looks like you have just made yourself an heirloom! I breifly worked for a longcase clock retailer/manufacturer and your clock looks better than most of the stuff they used to sell, so well done, i'm hugely impressed!

that really is very nice, im impressed =D> looks like you are going to be busy with your friends though.

You just need to level the floor up now :lol:

Very, very nice SP! =D>
Well worth the effort - and the timber looks wonderful. Great job with the finish,
Cheers
Philly :D

Very nice piece :D

I take it the £400 was materials only,no labour ?
If so,how many hours do you think it took you?

My dad was a part-time clock and watch repairer,and amongst other thing,used to repair longcase clocks for some of the local Hall-owning gentry - yours would look perfectly at home in any of their residences.

Andrew

Not fair, I've wanted a tall case clock since I was a kid and always said I would make one... one day...

Excellent, wish I could build one to that quality.

Where did you get the mechanism from?

Mate !!!

That is superb , I always wanted a long case clock , may get one

Yours is fantastic , well impressed :p :p

PS , can I go on your friend list :?:

Superb =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Very impressive clock - I am jealous of your skills :shock:

A friend of mine who is responsible for getting me into woodwork used to make these, he would have been proud of your piece I am sure. I still have one of his clocks at home sadly without any movement in it, one day I shall install one and get it working. Wonderful piece of work. :wink:

Vary nice piece of work there. I particularly like the raised panels they seem to work very well - hopefully be posting pictures of my (soon to be finished, honest Mrs K) longcase clock.

Latest posts

Back