thinning morells AC paints

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterleyton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been reading forum for a quite a while, didn't want to start new topic for no reason, but can't find an answer to my question.
I'm starting spraying my mdf projects, got myself Earlex 5000 after reading lots of good recommendations , got AC morells paints too.
My question is :
When you suppose to thin the paint after adding catalyst or before it and what is the best mix for earlex machine with 2mm needle set?
Thanks
Peter

Hi Peter

Always thin AC Lacquers After adding cat. on saying that try without thining, I find most lacquers are supplied ready to use as it were.

Out of curiosity do AC laquers have a use by date? I got given a reasonable amount quite some time ago and wonder whether them is any point in keeping them, if they have use by dates.

The manufacturer will tell you 12 months to cover them, but as long as its still liquid and you can stir in any settled pigment/ matting agent that has sunk to the bottom of the tin then give it a go, it may have degraded a bit in quality but still usable all the same.

Chris

Thanks for the info - I was given around 10 or so litres of lacquer along with loads of small bottles of the various speed hardeners, so will hold onto them and perhaps do a test spray prior to using them proper.

Cheers

DIbs

Back