Think it's finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodrighy

Established Member
Reaction score
Some pieces take ages to actually get sorted. I make the various parts but then spend ages waiting to see if it is going to move or split and need more work. Then it is a case of adding and trying different pieces together, different bases etc. Think this one is finally done.
The vessel is spalted elm with some splits that are filled with aluminium. It has a pewter ring inserted in the top and the collar and lid are purple heart with three recycled engraved chopsticks. The base is oak burr with three chantrelle pieces inserted at the end. There is also a small clay mouse for a bit of fun.280 x 150 and 490mm in length on the base. C&C welcome

Pete

chopstick wabi sabi.jpg

Attachments

• chopstick wabi sabi.jpg
    chopstick wabi sabi.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 978
Looks 'Finished', crisp, the whole looks to take on a natural alignment of planes, a mixture of precise detail and natural features but nothing that clashes or takes the eye away from the whole.

Can't comment on whether it's finished or not. All I can say is, WOW! Half as good as that would do me. I must try to practice more with the 4 or so hours I get in the shed one day a week.

That's beautiful Pete

These pieces fascinate me, I love the combination of turned and raw wood together. I especially like the chantrelles! They grow round here and I try and get out to collect them when they are available, good eating!

Super bit of artwork Pete.

Thank you guys. Just finishing off another piece. It started as this
root ball 4.jpg

Then became this
rootball 8.jpg

Then this,
rootball.jpg

I'll hopefully post it later in it's completed state.
Pete

Attachments

• root ball 4.jpg
    root ball 4.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 843
  • rootball 8.jpg
    rootball 8.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 843
  • rootball.jpg
    rootball.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 843
Pete for me this is one of your better pieces may be the best piece very very well balanced really like it. =D> =D> =D>

Okeedokee, here's the finished piece...well apart from the inevitable fiddling and trying different bases etc. Three images as the base is pretty much all root and rootlets so these give some idea of what it is like. It is 220mm high and 190mm wide, the base is slate.

pine root on slate (1).JPG
[attachment
pine root on slate (3).JPG
=1]pine root on slate (2).JPG[/attachment]

Attachments

• pine root on slate (1).JPG
    pine root on slate (1).JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 813
  • pine root on slate (2).JPG
    pine root on slate (2).JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 813
  • pine root on slate (3).JPG