The Perfect Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellow_lamborghini_2406

Established Member
Reaction score
hello i think it would be interesting to find out what everyones perfect workshop would be from what makes of power tools and machinery you would have to what size it would be if you didnt have to worry about money and space :D \:D/

At the moment my perfect workshop would be one with electric, heating and about the size of a double garage. Tool wise anything that could do the things I want to do ..... a magic tool chest would be good .... dip hand in pull out a [insert required tool here] :D ..... also self cleaning

................... but then there no such thing as 100% perfection so if I ever get to the double garage stage I'll be wanting just that little more room for a wood store ....etc :(

Actually my perfect workshop would be the one I have but with more time in it!

I would like in my workshop the skills to do proper joints and make something that people would say who made that.
My other dream would be to find a log and saw it up and make something nice with the wood.
If I keep at it one day my dreams may come true.

I guess the perfect workshop is the one that's just a little bit bigger than the one you have.. :lol:
As however much space you have,you can always find something to fill it to the point where you need more space :(

Andrew

PowerTool":32dtzsmy said:
... one that's just a little bit bigger than the one you have...

A little bigger? LITTLE?

ROFL, and more than a little let me tell you. :roll:

For me, The perfect workshop would be about 30' square, nice big hardwood bench in the middle, nice big bandsaw in one corner, good tablesaw in the other and a good P/T. Other than that I would like a rolling tool-cart full of fine chisels, handplanes, and marking equipment.

A good incra-based router table, and fully plumbed in extraction. Also an assistant to clean up after me, make me sandwiches and tea and do all the heavy lifting.

And the one ingredient which I'll probably never be able to find in a perfect workshop: time!

The perfect shop? !!! impossible question, it's never going to be big enough :lol:

Tools ? easy question and an easy answer.

One off perhaps two off of everything listed in the Axminster, Rutlands, Lea Valley and Lie Nielson catalogues.

Then I could throw the catalogues away knowing full well There is nothing to drool over. :lol: \:D/

for me its simple

it all starts with the bench. it does not need to be big just solid and functional. follow that with easy access to the tools that i most often reach for and i'm in heaven O:) a nice tool cabinet with in arms reach is my dream some day [-o<

the next thing for me which is very important is natural light or at least bright lights or both

all in all its pretty basic

sparky

Back