The Guard. A film, not a movie. On tonight.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
Just a little heads up.
Film 4 are showing it at 11.10 tonight.
Only post because it's a tiny perfect diamond. This film is close to perfection for what it's supposed to be. At least it was for me. Opinions eh? :wink: Everyone's got one.
But if you like a film that's a bit off but not left field just for the sake of it set your set top boxes. To my tiny mind, its a masterpiece in small cinema. Gleeson is a Master in this. Really.

Anyway. :D
Cheers as always,
Chris

"The Guard - comedy thriller.
An Irish policeman finds his easy going life disrupted by a drug smuggling operation & an uptight FBI agent."

Phil! "Who's Gleeson?".. :shock: WHAT are you watching? You've never heard of St. Brendan of Celluloid? Well, I never.... :D
Sam, devout acolyte.

SammyQ":vi4ho2hu said:
Phil! "Who's Gleeson?".. :shock: WHAT are you watching? You've never heard of St. Brendan of Celluloid? Well, I never.... :D
Sam, devout acolyte.
As opposed to Jackie Gleeson... "There is no way... NOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYY... that you came from my loins. The first thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch your momma in the mouth".

I haven't although I am aware of it's existence. It's on the list. :wink:
Just yesterday I got netflix. Phoned Virgin up and halved the cost of my monthly. Phone your providers and threaten to leave people! Went from 80 odd quid a month to 35 with a new box. Still got 220 channels of unwatchable shi*e but sky don't service my area and I need the internet speed. So I bought netflix as a treat for a fiver a month. Still 40 notes better off a month.
Phone your providers people. They are dead scared of losing your custom these days and can't give the data speeds away now.
Phoned EE up the other week. New phone! No thanks. Want to go data /sim only thanks.
But our new phones.
Poke your phone I have a phone. I want to pay less for this phone.
£36 odd for 4gb to £20 for 40gb. 40! Lmao! She said you'll never use that. *Turns on youtube app everysingletime I'm in the van* Feelin' lucky punk?
Tide has shifted. Renew your deals!
Just set up the new box for the Mrs. (she does the tv tbh)
I'm off work with thechestlurgy, so I previewed netflix on the pc and watched Trespass Against Us.
Gleeson
Fassbender
I ended up a little baffled tbh. Good acting all round but no connections really. Didn't really work for me but I still enjoyed it.
In Bruges is another. Genius.. Gleeson (look at me the fanboy) Colin Farrell. Cracker. Let down slightly by Ralph Fiennes uncharacteristically letting the side down trying to play Ben Kingsley playing Don Logan from Sexy Beast. Not this time Ralph.

I've still got one treat tucked up my sleeve.
Perrier's Bounty.
Leave the rest up to you fellas.

Chris, what about "The Mission" and the wonderful Ray McNally, alongside De Niro, Irons etc? Crackin' performances all round.
Try McNally again in "My Left Foot".
All the best Mucker, Sam

Sam I haven't seen The Mission for many years. I think I was probably too young too appreciate it fully and it would indeed be worth another watch.
And to my shame I have never seen My left foot. Just one of those films I never got round to watching. Good reminder for both films, thanks.

Back