Test tube vases

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilljc

Established Member
Reaction score
More butterflies, two of these are for an order, and the other one will go on my table for craft fairs :)
Not sure which size of test tube is best, think will let customer decide... should I glue them in or leave them as a snug fit so they can be removed for filling/cleaning?
finding it a bit difficult to find nice glass test tubes online at a sensible price, would really like to find slightly tapered tubes with a curved lip, but don't know if such a thing is available. As it is these tubes worked out at well over £1 each, though I have found some a wee bit cheaper now
triobutterflies2_thumb.JPG

Attachments

• triobutterflies2_thumb.JPG
    triobutterflies2_thumb.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 937
Thanks guys :)
Stooby, the wings are normal stack cut fretwork, then filled with resin coloured with glass paint, it's very fiddly and a bit time consuming, it's fairly expensive using epoxy resin, but think polyester would be too fast a cure for me, but I love the effect with a light behind it. Think there is lots of uses for this if I was artistic enough to think of them. Think it will be good at Christmas time :)

not sure if these are any good for you but they definitely cheaper i use them for my blades storage but there are glass one available. ebay item no 111612887431. nice designs by the way

Latest posts

Back