tattoo prejudice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did see a guy with a tattoo on his throat consisting of a 'dotted line with cut here' along with some other facial tattoos! maybe this may be one for Jacob to consider? :lol:

I was sat next to a lady in Menorca airport while we waited as our respective partners collected our cases, she asked about my back problems, I asked about hers, turns out we had both had similar operations, she laughed as she told me about the strange looks she gets when she is beside the pool in her bikini, next to her scar at the base of her spine she has a tattoo which says, INSERT BATTERIES HERE.

Baldhead

I've just watched Monty Dons Real Craft, the episode about potters, Monty visits the Wedgewood factory and speaks to a gentleman called Ken, a chap I would think in his late 50s or 60s, anyhow both arms appear heavily tattooed, he has a tattoo on his neck and both ears pierced, what sort of impression does that give Wedgewood Pottery!
I think it gives the impression that they employ the best people for the job, not someone who 'fits in' with the majority of posters on this thread.

Baldhead

Baldhead":1iekxey1 said:
I've just watched Monty Dons Real Craft, the episode about potters, Monty visits the Wedgewood factory and speaks to a gentleman called Ken, a chap I would think in his late 50s or 60s, anyhow both arms appear heavily tattooed, he has a tattoo on his neck and both ears pierced, what sort of impression does that give Wedgewood Pottery!
I think it gives the impression that they employ the best people for the job, not someone who 'fits in' with the majority of posters on this thread.

Baldhead

Or that 'Ken' has been there for years and didn't have the tattoos when he started working as an apprentice? Not everyone gets tattoos as a youngster - just look at David Dimbleby!

Baldhead":ug54f27a said:

Baldhead
I agree with you totally - I don't like tattoos but I don't really care how other people choose to disfigure themselves, but if I were still in a position to hire someone to be in the public eye I would think twice - because many other people do care. I haven't seen the episode you refer to, but I bet the guy wasn't employed to be the company's receptionist or PR man. :)

StevieB":5al6nyol said:
Baldhead":5al6nyol said:

Baldhead

Or that 'Ken' has been there for years and didn't have the tattoos when he started working as an apprentice? Not everyone gets tattoos as a youngster - just look at David Dimbleby!
That is very true SteveB, however if it bothered them (Wedgewood) as it bothers the majority on this thread, they would have not allowed him to appear on national TV.

Baldhead

phil.p":dy7l43t1 said:
Baldhead":dy7l43t1 said:

Baldhead
I agree with you totally - I don't like tattoos but I don't really care how other people choose to disfigure themselves, but if I were still in a position to hire someone to be in the public eye I would think twice - because many other people do care. I haven't seen the episode you refer to, but I bet the guy wasn't employed to be the company's receptionist or PR man. :)
No but he did appear on national TV as a 'frontman' for Wedgewood.

Baldhead

I quite like that many women have tattoos in the small of their backs - it's so thoughtful to give her man something to look at during certain *ahem* activites :p

I really don't see why so many people have an issue with tattoo's ! I have six (two none reg and 4 reg), but I have them is places where they can be hidden. So, let me get this right, according to what I have read, I am totally unemployable due to the fact I have tattoo's.

I do think that there is a lot of discrimination being voiced as well as honest, I like tattoo's and don't have a hang up if people have them. Some I think are just incredable and some, well, lets not go there. Just because someone has tattoo's does not mean they are not good at thir job or learn to be good at their job. I think here it may be a case of where they have them or how many. I don't think it is a good idea to have them over your face, neck or arms, but others may disagree; it is not something I would entertain for myself.

As for metalwork and other body piercings, I personally have no time for any ofthem. Of course some people like them, but I don't. I have seen on facebook, a young chap who now has hole's in his face (how he eats without the food falling out is beyond me!), that even if he did take the spreaders out they will never heal, for that individual I just think he is an oxygen theif and he would not be my first choice for an employee, but it is his choice and he must live with the consequences it brings, just like people with tattoo's have to.

As for women with tats, some are very much yummy but other's are why on earth.

I do agree to that Richard. I too have nothing against tattoos if they are hidden from sight or discreet but not blatantly covered in them or on the face/neck. My father had tattoos on his arms being an ex fisherman but always said he regretted them.

You lot should be ashamed of your selves. It's only a tattoo.
It's not like they need a guide or some over priced sharpening system to get a good edge on a chisel.

Latest posts

Back