Tannin/Iron Staining, Oak Galls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some! Nearly all Knopper (they are weird - some you can see growing out of the acorns themselves); a few I picked off a sapling that had no holes but were quite round and solid; and only one shaped like a marble. Had a lovely walk in the process.
_MG_7658small.jpg

edit: what do I do with them?! Any links - I Googled it but didn't find anything helpful...

Attachments

• _MG_7658small.jpg
    _MG_7658small.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 45
what do I do with them?! Any links - I Googled it but didn't find anything helpful...

Page two and later on this thread might give you some ideas.
round-cafe-table-t101305.html

By the way, much of the internet stuff about iron staining is nonsense from people who've never done it. So remember the golden rule of online advice...photos or it never happened!

Walking the pooch this morning I noticed a few dozen galls on the ground. I looked into the branches of the oak tree above and saw hundreds and hundreds of galls (I hope these aren't harming the tree). Is this bounty unusual?

If anyone is desperate for some galls and doesn't have their own source, let me know and I'll wander that way again with a bag.

Back