Table saw jigs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
About 8 weeks ago I started woodwork a sa new hobby with the view to make furniture :D another 10 years and i might be a bit wiser.

Anyway, five weeks ago I bought a small second hand combination machine (CEMA K156) four weeks ago I joined this forum and what i've picked up on here has been a great help.

The CEMA K156 (sorry about the quality they were taken on a mobile phone)
Picture007.jpg

The Table Saw
Picture008.jpg

Spindle Moulder
Picture009.jpg

And Planer/thicknesser
Picture010.jpg

I think it should have a Mortice attachment but it come with it, neither did the spindle block or fence.

The first thing I had to do was make a stand (no joints, just screws)
Picture006.jpg

It's beginning to look like a woodworking machine now, the next job was to make a mitre/crosscut fence to fix on the sliding table. I did this with 3/4" ply and put 2 slots with a router so it can be adjusted, like so.

Crosscut
Picture023.jpg

Mitre
Picture026.jpg

Now the hard bit (hard for me) making a tenonning jig, the materials i used for this are 3/4" ply, 3/4"x3/8" Oak and a small piece of Kitchen worktop.

After cutting the ply with the aid of my new crosscut fence i cut the dado grooves in the 2 base boards, glueing the Oak runners in the top one like so

Picture024.jpg

Then trimmed the top base plate (I cut the bottom and top base boards the same dimensions so I could get the runner grooves to match) the bottom board has to be wider for fixing bolts.
Picture025.jpg

Next to fit the upright board and strengtheners, notice the screwwheel in the centre to clamp when set at the right distance.

Picture021.jpg

Next is fitting the vertical stop, this is made from a bit of worktop that i had from a friend. This can't be seen very well.

Picture022.jpg

Finally, after setting it all square to the blade I screwed a stop underneath up against the sliding table.

Picture027.jpg

Hey presto.

Unfortunately after 10 hours I didn't get any tenons cut, just this practice run on a piece of scrap.
Picture029.jpg

Picture028.jpg

I am not very good at writing or explaining how to do things but I hope this is of interested or useful to some of you, probably not the experienced craftsmen but the newbies like myself.

Thanks for looking.

Martin

Martin,

Thanks for not giving up with the picture posting.:D

I see that you have found one of the many Slopes TM that infest woodwork, I can get into trouble by spending lots of time working in the shop with nothing to bring out of it at the end. :roll: That machine looks quite a useful bit of kit and you are getting the hang of using it. 8)
Please continue to post pictures of what you make. \:D/

Green":89e7sv0o said:
Hi Martin

Looks like a nice machine.

Tis a nice machine but it's not quite good enough for what I want to do, so I am in the process of convincing the Mrs to part with £1000 to purchase the Axminster 10" cast iron table saw and the Axminster 106 Planer/Thicknesser, then i'll have no roomto make anything :lol:

DaveL":25bls2ff said:
Martin,

Thanks for not giving up with the picture posting.:D

I see that you have found one of the many Slopes TM that infest woodwork, I can get into trouble by spending lots of time working in the shop with nothing to bring out of it at the end. :roll: That machine looks quite a useful bit of kit and you are getting the hang of using it. 8)
Please continue to post pictures of what you make. \:D/
Thanks Dave, i shall do my best.

I have a fair amount of time on my hands working a 4 on 4 off shift system, that's once i've finished my Sister-in-laws Kitchen :cry:

This machine is not quite man enough to workwith large bits of hardwood, so it's softwood for now and plenty more practicing.

Hi Martin, some clever ideas.

Please, please fit at least a splitter and a crown guard when not tenonin.
Also I would try and fit an extension table under that cross cut arm, it will give you more control of your timber i.e. it won't drop when sawing and snag the blade, the results are frightening.

Dom

Hi martin

is that the same machine as Machinemart stock?If so, I've often looked at it in our local shop and it looks like a pretty decent bit of kit

Enjoy - and post projects as you make 'em :wink:

DomValente":5blnz28p said:
Hi Martin, some clever ideas.

Please, please fit at least a splitter and a crown guard when not tenonin.
Also I would try and fit an extension table under that cross cut arm, it will give you more control of your timber i.e. it won't drop when sawing and snag the blade, the results are frightening.

Dom

Dom, I do have a splitter and crown guard, I removed them for this operation but the idea of an extension table is good, I thought about fitting one on the other side for the morticer but I have noidea yet of what it should look like as I have never seen a morticing attachment.

Thanks.............Martin

Tony":3agn09sb said:
Hi martin

is that the same machine as Machinemart stock?If so, I've often looked at it in our local shop and it looks like a pretty decent bit of kit

Enjoy - and post projects as you make 'em :wink:
Hi Tony, I don'tthink it would be the same as machinemart stock, CEMA are no longer in operation, having said that I think they had something to do with Charnwood.

This Machine is a mini combi, the saw blade is 6" the planer/thicknesser is 6"x6" and the spindle block is 2" (54mm) and a 3/4" (20mm) bore.

motownmartin":twva1bjx said:
I thought about fitting one on the other side for the morticer but I have noidea yet of what it should look like as I have never seen a morticing attachment.

Thanks.............Martin

Think you'll find that a morticer on your machine will drill horizontally rather than vertically as on a stand alone machine.

Dom

Latest posts

Back